Anybody buy this NOS part today?

Catfish

Reaction score
I was really watching this fender cap trim, but the seller has one feedback. I wanted, but felt the price wasn't worth the gamble. These rarely come up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301033962246?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

image.jpg

image.jpg

You know, if you use pay pal to pay for it you are pretty well protected if the item is screwed up. Pay pal takes the gamble out of buying stuff on eBay . Just my 2 cents. Never had a problem .

steven

Last edited:
I've bought a ton of stuff on ebay for myself and for work. I've gotten burnt twice and both times I got my money back. I would not have hesitated if the price was right on a part. You do have to play it smart and not buy from someone with a lot of bad feedback, do your homework (like being sure it's the correct part) and follow Ebay protocol if there is a problem. It's common sense.

When you think about it, buying off CL or even a forum like this is a much bigger risk than Ebay.

(rant on) I've gotten so I look at Ebay first for parts. After getting no response or late responses from sellers on other venues, I'd rather buy on Ebay where they are serious about selling. I'm as cheap as the next guy, but I'll pay a couple bucks more for something that I can actually buy! (rant off)

Yeah, it was more about the hassle of filing a claim and such if it didn't work. I am leaning towards sending off my chrome anyways. Was just curious if Marian? got it or someone else here.

Having something chromed is a crap shoot too.

I had a dash piece chromed for my '53 Chrysler at a place that was recommended by a bunch of guys on the HAMB. It took forever, cost a lot, had to be sent back once, should have been sent back a second time.... It was shipped back both times in a bag with sand in it and the chrome was scratched..... a lot of detail was lost and the assclowns wanted more $ to fix their mistake.

That actually seems a pretty fair price when you consider how common they are. I have paid more for one of those, of course I have also bought them for less, but not recently.

Back