ANYBODY GOING TO MOPAR FEST IN CANADA

im going to be there, will be travelling with kevin mccabe after going to the wpc meet in auburn hills

I am planning to go on Saturday, and I'll be back on Sunday if the weather holds out. Last year a group of us met at the Tim Hortons nearby at 8am, then drove in and parked together. Anybody up for that this year?

I am planning to go on Saturday, and I'll be back on Sunday if the weather holds out. Last year a group of us met at the Tim Hortons nearby at 8am, then drove in and parked together. Anybody up for that this year?
I can meet up at Timmies but will be in a rental. The Boab will be in the arena. (Love saying that lol)

Maggie and I made it to the arena early! Good thing too!
Volunteers put the Boab in a very good spot.
I took the pics before the place got packed and before the ropes go up.
Then we went all out!
I had never been in an indoor display.
So is this too much??
20190816_151446.jpg

20190816_151425.jpg

Maggie and I made it to the arena early! Good thing too!
Volunteers put the Boab in a very good spot.
I took the pics before the place got packed and before the ropes go up.
Then we went all out!
I had never been in an indoor display.
So is this too much??
View attachment 310603
View attachment 310604
Looks great! Possibly too much stuff? :)

When there are items displayed all around the car, it can be difficult to get a well-composed photo of the car itself. This is particularly significant for cars in the arena. There are only limited places where the photographer can stand to find a good angle. Just something to consider for people trying to take pictures.

I'll be their be it noisy,trailer queen for the weekend, no exhaust til next week. You will hear it coming and you cant miss this azz!
20190816_193337.jpg

I'll be their be it noisy,trailer queen for the weekend, no exhaust til next week. You will hear it coming and you cant miss this azz!View attachment 310646
I spent 18 months working on my 60 Fury just to drive it there but got derailed in June with bad rocker adjusters on the rebuild and now a stripped spark plug hole.

I really wanted it there this year after seeing so few forward looks last year.
1122876D-D008-4DDD-BF71-79FC9EEB79AA.jpeg

But there is a bright side. Driving from Buffalo to Meaford I saw a pile of old Mopars heading west and I knew where they were headed. And I think, in the end, it wasn’t to be anyway. My nephew is getting married up there and I his bride to be wanted my ‘wedding car’ there for photos and rides... so I wasn’t really going anyway after they got to me. Can’t even slip away. It’s Not a mopar but at least l I’m playing with old cars anyway this weekend
BB4E92FD-0A21-4FF6-AF59-96F3AE8ABE79.jpeg

Looks great! Possibly too much stuff? :)

When there are items displayed all around the car, it can be difficult to get a well-composed photo of the car itself. This is particularly significant for cars in the arena. There are only limited places where the photographer can stand to find a good angle. Just something to consider for people trying to take pictures.
Here is before the fluff...
FB_IMG_1566007729331.jpg

This morning the drive to New Hamburg was through the worst torrential downpour Nessie has ever had to endure in the 18 years I have owned her. She handled it like a champ and the wipers were going full tilt most of the way. The storm broke about 10 minutes from the entrance and it was dry and warm the rest of the day. BTW the pics don't do Leaburn's car justice. You really need to see it in person.

Mother Nature insisted on rain today but was kind enough to spare the show most of the day. When the alarm went off rain was pelting down on the roof but by the time I had breakfast it had slowed down and stopped entirely by the time I pulled out of the driveway. Again after the 10 finalists had been announced around 3:30 we had a cloud burst. That was my cue to hit the road since I wasn't on the stage. By the time I got onto the highway it was over.
Marko and Kevin came around to my car today and we had a nice chat. I could listen to Kevin all day since he has so much experience in the industry and isn't shy about sharing his knowledge on various topics. It must be handy to have a list of former Chrysler engineers on speed dial in the event an issue pops up with one of your old rides. I tried to swing around later to his SW but nobody was home. Kevin you missed a hot babe carefully checking out your car!
IMG_0367.JPG

I ran into Mike in the swap meet and later went over to check out his recently restored car. I sure it will be taking Leaburn's spot in the arena next year.
IMG_0359.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG
As mentioned in my previous post Leaburns car was on display in its full glory in the arena among all the other fine show cars.
IMG_0351.JPG
There was a good contingent of Cbodies on both days this year and many other interesting vehicles. Here are some examples.
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

IMG_0355.JPG

IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0361.JPG

Back