Anybody know where to get a PS pump brass seat?

TylerW

Reaction score
This goes in the power steering pump and is what the end of the pressure line seats against. When they get deformed you have a leak that no amount of tightening resolves. I tried removing it(the FSM has the procedure) and dressing it, but only slowed it down. Thanks.

G'Day,
Perhaps a Useless Suggestion, But maybe a Soft Copper Washer of the Right Size & Thickness.
Once Tightened Down it Shouldn't Leak.
Good Luck.
Tony.M

You may want to check with a local hydraulic shop.

The kind of place that makes up new hoses and rebuilds cylinders.

Jeff

I know you can get pump shims and I used break hose washers (Dorman HELP assortment) to try to get a lower/firmer pressure. There is/was an old article call "Pump it Down" that dealt with PS washers as related to pressures

Sorry, it's for a TRW pump. This is the part. It's original part number was 1738683 but nothing comes up. The large diameter is 0.54 inch, the small diameter that is the interference fit in the pump outlet is 0.41 inch. 0.36 inches tall. Not sure what kind of fitting the later pumps utilize but this is a flared tube with a captive nut...think large fuel line fitting. Thanks.

20210728_214655.jpg

20210728_214710.jpg

O.K.
Time for Perhaps another Useless Suggestion.
A Couple of Times in my life, When All Else has Failed, I have had to Visit a Local Machine Shop.
Had a Set of Tapered Ball Joint Inserts Made up to Adapt 73 Monaco Discs to 59 Dodge Custom Royal.
Also had some Power Steer Ram Seals turned up from Nolathane.
If All Else Fails........
All the Best Tony.M
P.S.
While you're at it, May as well get a few extras made, it won't cost much more.

Back