Anybody use one of these yet?

Yep great!!...... They don't soak up over time like Cork, there's also a semi composite/Cork one available which is also good

Thanks gents! I'm gonna hit the dealer tomorrow and grab one of these and another trans pan gasket........ leaks be damned!

Last edited:
I still used some goop with them, a great heavy duty fix which I've had great success with is clear silicone adhesive! If stuck quite thick flat trim on with it in the past too! Takes overnight to go off and you only need a smear with a gasket, be sure not to overtight while it's setting.....more like tweet it up tomorrow when it's set, I've had them stay dry for years with this stuff! Loctite do a good one but I can't remember the product number, the key is adhesive as apposed to sealant, same rules apply..... Clean, grease and dirt free, Dow Corning 738 is an aircraft grade silicone adhesive..... Very good stuff!....... Hope this helps and you have success!

Never concidered silicone... I'll look into it.Ordered the oil pan and trans pan gaskets today. Hopefully I'll get em by Friday as I plan on pulling the drivetrain outta the bone colored boat on Saturday. If all goes well (yea right) I'll be able to shove it back in Sunday.

I prefer Loctite 518. The best stuff on the planet. I have fixed leaks that have seemed nearly impossible with that stuff. I learned that little trick from George Evans that restored Ross's car.

I ordered a composite gasket for my 440 with a built in windage tray.

I prefer Loctite 518. The best stuff on the planet. I have fixed leaks that have seemed nearly impossible with that stuff. I learned that little trick from George Evans that restored Ross's car.

I ordered a composite gasket for my 440 with a built in windage tray.
I've used the loctite on few things, think I still have some, great stuff! I've considered a windage tray but my car isn't getting beat on that much. A couple of burnouts and some spirited acceleration are the worst I'll do.

Back