Anyone Have An Oil Pressure Sensor Fail?

I think that could be the reason for low oil pressure

AD898C43-BE3D-4A4A-9E9F-87016D3F3CAA.jpeg

19D7BBCF-919D-42E7-A57C-DED28E2C7682.jpeg

51F3177B-8370-4449-A29B-716329910D32.jpeg

66C3C843-A15A-4CBC-B742-24CFCA903F9A.jpeg

Yes, your oil pump is fukt, but WHY is it SO? That appears to be caused by a misaligned oil pump shaft. I just wonder what else is so badly skewed in your engine now. Get ready to replace some cast iron I say.

Oil pump looks to have been pulling hard metal from someplace, maybe itself. Unless something was very off from the installation, it is rare to see a pump that badly scored. I have seen this on race engines, usually because a cam shaft got wiped and lots of hard metal was thrown about. On a street engine I would suspect oil without the proper additives may started the process of making the cam go flat. Replace this pump for sure, but I suspect there is more trouble down the road. Drain the oil filter and check for metal shavings.

Dave

I had low pressure already since a few years. Therefore running SAE-50 oil which is for the worst case. (I drive the car in the summer only).
I had a time when I did not know better I ran standard 20W50 with low ZZDP content for a few years, but still very low mileage. Cam lobes still look good. I hope the loose particles where catched by the filter. Replaced the pump. Filter is still in the bin in my garage. I will open it up, but I bet it is clean (1300 mls. Since previous oil change). I will not open the pandora box. Just changed timing gear set.
Was still the first set with polymer gear, but not looking that bad. I will continue driving it, until it will fail. Running a bit two stroke oil in the fuel to support valve guides an pistons lubrication.

04F758F9-7FFF-4ACB-9D99-A5359BC59D2E.jpeg

BF10012B-9BB4-4F12-B89C-F3B75C90A537.jpeg

I had low pressure already since a few years. Therefore running SAE-50 oil which is for the worst case. (I drive the car in the summer only).
I had a time when I did not know better I ran standard 20W50 with low ZZDP content for a few years, but still very low mileage. Cam lobes still look good. I hope the loose particles where catched by the filter. Replaced the pump. Filter is still in the bin in my garage. I will open it up, but I bet it is clean (1300 mls. Since previous oil change). I will not open the pandora box. Just changed timing gear set.
Was still the first set with polymer gear, but not looking that bad. I will continue driving it, until it will fail. Running a bit two stroke oil in the fuel to support valve guides an pistons lubrication.

View attachment 398156

View attachment 398157
Looking good!

Back