Anyone know this NYB??

I hope there aren't any unexpected costly surprises. I'm sure I'm not the only one amazed that you were able to locate her - truly a miracle and indeed a beautiful car.

Congratulations
Thank you for the kind words, yeah! I was hoping the same. I was able to sneak a peek around the underside while she was 12 feet in the air Atop the transport. Floorpans and rockers as well as the trunk pan all look great. Transmission was nice and dry, oil pan seems a little wet and grungy but I kind of expected that. She’s really very filthy as an overall condition, but I kind of expected that too. I can’t say as much for the quarter pockets or around the skirts, as those seem to be the most troubling areas. $$$

Awesome and perfect name for her!! Hopefully you’ve gotten used to sleeping on the couch....I know I haven’t...

Thanks fellas, on initial inspection while the car was on top of the transport I did notice some challenges on the rear quarters that are going to cost me. Although I am a car NUT, I can’t say the same for the previous owner. I don’t know that he saw what I saw as far as rust goes.. but it is what it is, she’s all mine now, so may the CHA CHING $$$ commence .... lol

Get the rust fixed first. You will want to inspect the vinyl. Any sign of corrosion and I would pull the vinyl and repair all of the corrosion and get new vinyl from SMS. I waited on my NYB and ended up with a +$10k in repair and paint.

But I believe it’s settled now. Ginger it is!!

You're welcome John, and congrats again. Thought of it as soon as I saw that color.

Ginger Rogers was a hottie back in the day, but let's not forget about....
38fcc0b129c0df722bcdba825348a5c3.jpg
My favorite Ginger!
She's even wearing your car's color:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Get the rust fixed first. You will want to inspect the vinyl. Any sign of corrosion and I would pull the vinyl and repair all of the corrosion and get new vinyl from SMS. I waited on my NYB and ended up with a +$10k in repair and paint.
Thx Bob.. those are my thoughts as well. The mechanicals I can handle for the most part, finding a shop local thats willing to deal with these older cars is tough. She certainly needs a new top, I don’t see any bubbles underneath so hopefully if any rust, it’s minimal. I’ll reach out to SMS in a few days..

Congratulations John!!!! Truly a miracle find even with all your efforts.

I love the name too.... she’s a Ginger all right!

Now comes the fun part. Getting Ginger back on the road, safe and beautiful. I’m sure she will be a labor of love.

If I had any words of advise for you it would be.... Try not to do everything all at once and don’t let the excitement fade. If you plan out what she needs and what you want to do, the effort will be all the more rewarding.

Seeing you get your dream come true has made my day. Congrats and get to work!!!

Any advise you need, you can count on me.

Javier

I’ve already contacted Murray Park about things I need. Let the fun begin....
So after all the years of you getting first crack at my findings in PA, you call Murray first???:poke:

First advice, go reread Javier's "don't tell my wife" thread. May as well order the inner fender flaps he's making (limited time offer). You haven't posted nearly enough pictures after all the crap to track her down.

Oh and BTW... YOU SUCK :thumbsup::thumbsup:

So after all the years of you getting first crack at my findings in PA, you call Murray first???:poke:

First advice, go reread Javier's "don't tell my wife" thread. May as well order the inner fender flaps he's making (limited time offer). You haven't posted nearly enough pictures after all the crap to track her down.

Oh and BTW... YOU SUCK :thumbsup::thumbsup:
you know I love ya right!!! Lol

“Gandalf The great“ after the harry potter‘s character.. don’t ask, I didn’t understand it either. LOL but I felt a female name more befitting.. I wanted to wait till the car arrived before coming to a decision. But I believe it’s settled now. Giner it is!!
I'm glad you picked Ginger, Gandalf is from Lord of the Rings.

Last edited:
@75LandYacht...

For as many times as "Harry Potter" has been mentioned in this thread, its hard to imagine this is an adult conversation about a car :lol:

Unlike our other posts, which clearly show how mature we really are... :rofl:

Back