Anyone know this NYB??

He did provide the VIN though.. anyone know how or where I can go to maybe search her location using the VIN?

He did provide the VIN though.. anyone know how or where I can go to maybe search her location using the VIN?

Do you know anyone in law enforcement? They could run it for you and see if anything comes up.

It's a shame that CarFax only works down to 1981, because that would certainly tell you if it had been sold and where it was titled, as long as it stayed in the US.

Did you Google the VIN to see if it showed up?

Do you know anyone in law enforcement? They could run it for you and see if anything comes up.

It's a shame that CarFax only works down to 1981, because that would certainly tell you if it had been sold and where it was titled, as long as it stayed in the US.

Did you Google the VIN to see if it showed up?
I do know some folks at the NYPD that Could run it for me. I haven’t used Google yet either. Thanks for the leads..

Thanks Dobalover for the suggestion. Did a VIN search and the below was found, it appears that the car is still in the state of Nevada, I'm assuming Las Vegas as the previous owner stated, the people that bought the car from him eventually sold it There then went back to Austrilia.. A title was issued on February 23, 2015.. The search continues..

image.png

I'm gonna need another box of Orville Redenbakker Movie Theater Style microwave popcorn for this thread.
Good luck.

The dummies at the Nevada Motor Vehicle place or whoever inspected it changed the VIN on the title to C54317C.... It's lucky that you were able to find the title history.

Thanks Dobalover for the suggestion. Did a VIN search and the below was found, it appears that the car is still in the state of Nevada, I'm assuming Las Vegas as the previous owner stated, the people that bought the car from him eventually sold it There then went back to Austrilia.. A title was issued on February 23, 2015.. The search continues..

View attachment 216405
Wow, that's excellent sleuthing and GREAT progress! I'm hoping the car ends up in your driveway!!

The dummies at the Nevada Motor Vehicle place or whoever inspected it changed the VIN on the title to C54317C.... It's lucky that you were able to find the title history.
Most VIN search websites need 17 digits, and will only go back to 1981. This NYB, as all / most only have 13, so I add Zeroes in front to fill in.. that’s search produced zero, then I found a classic car Vin search engine and voilà!!!! We have DATA. It’s still not all the information I was hoping for, but some is better than nothing.

Most VIN search websites need 17 digits, and will only go back to 1981. This NYB, as all / most only have 13, so I add Zeroes in front to fill in.. that’s search produced zero, then I found a classic car Vin search engine and voilà!!!! We have DATA. It’s still not all the information I was hoping for, but some is better than nothing.
I am impressed with your drive to find this one...

Update: there isn’t any at the moment, I’ve stalled in my quest. Does anybody know anyone in the Vegas area that might be able to help me continue my search? I had a few contacts here in NYPD They were trying to reach out to people they may know in the Vegas area, but they actually have police work to do. So no new information on that end. And I made a few phone calls to DMV out there, but as you would suspect no one really willing to help this nutjob looking for a ghostly car that may not even be in the area. lol..

If anyone has any ideas on how I can continue, please feel free, some advice vice is better than no advice..

Thx

You could hire a private investigator in Vegas. Give him two days, and a bonus if he finds it.

The only other thing I can think of is to contact any Vegas area Mopar clubs to see if they have a member with that car.

One more: Spend a half hour each night cruising the Vegas area with google street view, looking for the car. Being that the car is likely garaged, it would probably be a waste of time.

You could hire a private investigator in Vegas. Give him two days, and a bonus if he finds it.

The only other thing I can think of is to contact any Vegas area Mopar clubs to see if they have a member with that car.

One more: Spend a half hour each night cruising the Vegas area with google street view, looking for the car. Being that the car is likely garaged, it would probably be a waste of time.
I like your thought process. I’ll search around to see if I can find local club there that may be able to help. Thanks for your input.

My 1st New Yorker was that beautiful color with a beige leather interior.When the sun hit that paint it was stunning.Sometime this year or last a car dealer had my exact car for 7,999.00. It would have been worth every penny to me.I just could,t swing it at the time.The car went quickly.B.B

Back