Anyone purchase a '68 2 DR Carpet kit from Stock Interiors?

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Did a bit of searching here on the forums and I've seen mixed reviews on the carpet kits sold by "Stock Interiors." Some seem to love it, others not so much. Haven't heard feedback from anyone who's purchased one for a 68 2 door hard top C Body! The price is pretty good, and I'd like to purchase one if it fits nicely. Proceeding with caution though, and putting feelers out to see if anyone has purchased this kit for their 68.

Also, as far as I know too... there are no correct headliner kits for a 2DHT fast top car correct? As we are nearing the process of doing much needed floor repair, I will be sealing them off with POR-15 to inhibit further rust and lay insulation down for a quiet ride! I just like to be safe in whatever I do, as my $$$ is limited and I can't necessarily afford to risk buying wrong parts at this point!

Thanks to everyone who has been giving me priceless info / advice here lately. You've really given a guy some much needed encouragement and a push to get back into gear and hit it hard on this car in the next coming months. I will be working on it every chance I get... Excited to share the details here with you all! If you haven't already, be sure to check out my restoration thread for more detailed work on the '68... Abandoned for 40 years: 1968 New Yorker 2 DR much love to you all my C-Body brothers:thankyou:

The only molded carpet made in the USA is Auto Custom Carpets (ACC)

Stock Interiors is a vendor (as others are) for ACC and they have a good reputation and good prices. I've ordered from them once, although it wasn't a carpet, all was good.

The guys making "correct" headliners are SMS interiors. Nice product, I used one in my Barracuda, but it took a while and cost more than others. Like the carpet, most of the other headliners are made by Acme Headliners in CA. Stock Interiors and a lot of others are vendors for Acme. I don't know if there is one for your car or not.

SMS just might have your headliner if Acme doesn't make it... But be prepared to wait and pay.

BTW, Acme's website is pretty crappy and they don't sell to the public.

And always get samples first!

The only molded carpet made in the USA is Auto Custom Carpets (ACC)

Stock Interiors is a vendor (as others are) for ACC and they have a good reputation and good prices. I've ordered from them once, although it wasn't a carpet, all was good.

The guys making "correct" headliners are SMS interiors. Nice product, I used one in my Barracuda, but it took a while and cost more than others. Like the carpet, most of the other headliners are made by Acme Headliners in CA. Stock Interiors and a lot of others are vendors for Acme. I don't know if there is one for your car or not.

SMS just might have your headliner if Acme doesn't make it... But be prepared to wait and pay.

And always get samples first!

Good to know! I think I'll go with the Stock Interiors then, since it seems like ACC is well respected. I looked back at a convo between a friend and I and I was informed that the headliner from Legendary Interiors was not the correct one for a fast top 68. Looks like that cleared up the confusion pretty quick...

For the headliner for my’68 Polara I got a perfect match from SMS. They first sent me samples that weren’t correct(perforated), so I sent them a corner of my original one back to them. The end result was a perfect match and great fit.

Details of the installation are in my build thread. ‘68 Polara restore back on. (Turn your phone sideways and you will see the link below my signature.

I got mine from Stock Interiors.
Ordered for my convertible.
The carpet was 2 inches to short in the back seat area.
Sent pictures, had new set in a week!
Great people.

I bet they sell to Wile E. Coyote though. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!! Keep up the good work Isaiah and thanks for keeping us posted on your project. I'm sure I speak for a lot of us here when I say I enjoy seeing your posts and the progress you are making. Take your time, do it right and have patience. You are doing just fine for the big project you are doing.

Back