Are these Chrysler Wheels?

Here is what I call outright dishonest.
At my Ford dealer there was a sign that says "Customer is responsible for One Hour diagnostic fee on all repairs" .
I have to pay the pricks $120.00 to plug it in
It gets worse.... Really worse.
On a "comeback repair", they whack you again even though the previous "one hour diagnostic" that you paid for was wrong...

That resulted in the police department being called in by the Service/Parts manager.
The charge on me was Vehicle Theft...
Felt flukken good... :thumbsup:

Even on warranty work, you can't get out without Dirty rag disposal fees and all their other ups n extras.

Last edited:
Here is what I call outright dishonest.
At my Ford dealer there was a sign that says "Customer is responsible for One Hour diagnostic fee on all repairs" .
I have to pay the pricks $120.00 to plug it in
It gets worse.... Really worse.
On a "comeback repair", they whack you again even though the previous "one hour diagnostic" that you paid for was wrong...

That resulted in the police department being called in by the Service/Parts manager.
The charge on me was Vehicle Theft...
Felt flukken good... :thumbsup:

Even on warranty work, you can't get out without Dirty rag disposal fees and all their other ups n extras.

No Fault Found means Tech not looking hard enough or Advisor not listening hard enough. From the technician's point of view he just spent an hour trying to track down why your check engine light comes on with no codes in the PCM. The Advisor forgot to mention it only happens hot going over bumps with all accessories turned on and dog in the passenger seat. Poor communication between Customer-Advisor-Dispatch-Tech leads to this kinda crap. The customer has to be smarter than the advisor nowadays in explaining the problem. Saying it squeaks sometimes isn't good enough.

Sorry I am venting all my wrath about all dealers to you.
You just had the misfortune of sitting next to me at the bar...

Sorry I am venting all my wrath about all dealers to you.
You just had the misfortune of sitting next to me at the bar...

Ha we would have us a time at that bar my friend. Wish I was in one right now...it's after 2pm and no deals yet today.....owner is back on Monday from Hawaii and last month's numbers aren't good. Stupid economic downturn...drink up friends while the music is still playing cause the lights are coming on soon...:D

The problem with that is then the Techs are selling all the work and that can get a little out of hand. Who is gonna argue with the "expert" who calls 40% brake pads as 15% to get the work. We do no work above $200 without an estimate to the customer in most cases. There is a push on by a politician to make estimates mandatory and for service operations to live up to them. That is all fine and dandy until halfway into the job other things pop up. This will lead to over estimating work. Bodyshops could never live with that. However shop supplies is just a doc fee in my mind....

Florida had had estimating status for as long as I've been here... they have tweaked up the standards, but I haven't heard of any step up in enforcement.
Motor Vehicle Repair / Consumer Protection / Consumer Resources / Consumer Services / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
Stan, I am sorry you keep having so much fun at the dealers down there... To be blunt, of all the dealers I worked for, maybe 25% of the techs were both skilled and fair in their estimating. The number of guys who stole the parts they just sold you and never put them on was ridiculous. The aftermarket shops are worse... and I only ever witnessed a couple getting fired for the practice.

Better link, it has the brochure
Motor Vehicle Repair / Publications / Consumer Protection / Consumer Resources / Consumer Services / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Jeff, in a County of 100,000, every new car store is owned by one man with the exception of a competing Ford store owned by the Jarett moguls.
When the auto industry almost went belly up, he cut everything to the bone and charged you for the air in the tires. He hired like crazy for the floor and techs were driven away because they couldn't even make minumum wage.
Parts, retail and commercal, were 20% over RETAIL. He broke the $100/hr shop rate barrier when BMW of Manhattan couldn't get a hundred bucks.
Today he is obscenely rich and donates millions to charity. Millions.
He is also the most despised man in the County.
I, in all honesty, and I mean this, have nothing but pity for the man.

Jeff, in a County of 100,000, every new car store is owned by one man with the exception of a competing Ford store owned by the Jarett moguls.
When the auto industry almost went belly up, he cut everything to the bone and charged you for the air in the tires. He hired like crazy for the floor and techs were driven away because they couldn't even make minumum wage.
Parts, retail and commercal, were 20% over RETAIL. He broke the $100/hr shop rate barrier when BMW of Manhattan couldn't get a hundred bucks.
Today he is obscenely rich and donates millions to charity. Millions.
He is also the most despised man in the County.
I, in all honesty, and I mean this, have nothing but pity for the man.

Sounds like you need to travel to get any fair treatment. I have met Mr. Jarret several times over the years, he seems like a really fair guy. I couldn't say anything about his businesses though.
Fumbuck County is too small a population, sorry, I doubt you will get much better unless you luck into an ambitious independent with values. I like it around there well enough, but didn't think I would ever have made a decent living without opening my own shop and hopeing I could survive the startup.

His shops only see warranty stuff. Nobody goes to him for paid services.
He figured out that one too, though.
On the warranty work, he makes repairs that don't work, charges back to the factory, and doesn't really fix it until it comes back the third time.
And the factory Regional Manager has free use of his Key West Estate anytime he wants.
Fumbuck County is too small a population
So small, I drink with his techs...

image.jpg

SOP around here... Besides it was Doba's thread, so I figured no one would get too butt hurt.

Or should we continue talking about wheels that have already been identified? Gee now that I look at them again they look a little bit like the polycast wheels that were on my 75 monte carlo.

$_35.JPG
Which is better, the chevy talk or the dealer talk?:lol:

Speaking of politics, the votes are in. Only 58 cared to respond.

View attachment 74989

Does that mean we get a political forum or not? I don't know that many posts here get beyond 58 responses.

You see, I'd like to say "Go Trump" but I understand it may not seem entirely logical without explanation (checks and balances, etc.). In such a forum, I could.

51Gwh8gYaML._SX300_.jpg

Now THIS is a derailed thread!

Last edited:
Back