Atco Dragway Closes

I was at a friend's shop this morning. Both the guys there are drag racers who have run at Atco.

What they have heard is the owner tried to sell the place a couple years ago to a Co-Part company. The town said "we'd rather have a drag strip than a junkyard" and squashed the deal.

They said that everything is flying way under the radar this time... although they are moving fast to sell signage and bleachers. No one seems to know what is in store for the place.

No, but you have very little chance of being hit by one
I've been hit by a car twice in my life. Once was in my driveway when a passing SUV came too close and hit me from behind while I was snow blowing. Yes, I was in my driveway and not on the road. The first time was some *** clown doing a burnout in the staging lanes at the local track (ESTA) that hit me from behind as I walked through the lanes.

Fortunately, I walked away from both without a scratch other than being quite pissed off.

I was at a friend's shop this morning. Both the guys there are drag racers who have run at Atco.

What they have heard is the owner tried to sell the place a couple years ago to a Co-Part company. The town said "we'd rather have a drag strip than a junkyard" and squashed the deal.

They said that everything is flying way under the radar this time... although they are moving fast to sell signage and bleachers. No one seems to know what is in store for the place.

The answers would have likely been at the Waterford Twp meeting Wednesday evening.

The Pinelands commission has had no new submittal for anything on that property. As it is the only thing that can be on it is a dragway.

I've been hit by a car twice in my life. Once was in my driveway when a passing SUV came too close and hit me from behind while I was snow blowing. Yes, I was in my driveway and not on the road. The first time was some *** clown doing a burnout in the staging lanes at the local track (ESTA) that hit me from behind as I walked through the lanes.

Fortunately, I walked away from both without a scratch other than being quite pissed off.
I'm going to get you a innocent bystander T-shirt.

Back