B engine, short fuel line from pump to filter

Detroit_Lives

Reaction score
65 Polara, 383, I replaced the fuel pump and I need the short steel line from the pump to the filter. This is a short line with a U bend, flare fitting on the pump side, hose nipple on the filter side. So many B blocks I'm hoping there's a source ?
... or... a good flare tool if I have to make a line, The cheesy flare tools I have used in the past are junk (maybe its me doing something wrong). referring to the typical flare tools you see on the shelf. If I try to bend this myself its gonna look like I did it myself and thats not a good look. Any ideas are appreciated.

Does this look like your fuel pump. post a pic would be helpful.

DSC03998.JPG

Those are reproduced and I may have them.

Should be in repro, but I bent one with a little finesse and a few short pieces of tubing from the auto supply years ago, with a simple tubing bender. Easier to get the correct repro, though.

CBODY67

Mopar Catalog

The C Body selection is sparse, but all the "Engine Lines" sections work for any Mopar. For instance on Page 15 you'll find Challenger engine fuel lines....plenty to select from there.

For my 70 440, I bought this. Perfect.
DBE6805 - 1968-71 Dodge B-Body 440CID 4bbl Carter AVS 5/16" Pump to Carb Lines 2pc, OE Steel $ 24.00

Last edited:
You will want a 1969 and older line to get the right line. Don’t look at a 1970 Challenger, it is a different line and fuel pump fitting/angle, actually had a hose right off the pump to the filter. Not an improvement in my view.

Do you still have the AFB carb? If they don’t sell the bottom line separate I’d get a 66-67 AFB line kit. Only older one was a 426 street wedge and that had the different fuel pump so I don’t know what that bottom line looks like.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info everyone, especially the Inline Tube catalog link. I ordered the 2 pc set for B-body 383 w/ Carter 4bbl. Should be just right.

Here's the new fuel line, they look a little different but I think its only because the old one twisted getting it loose from the pump. If there's any issues when I install it I'll post the details, pics... There's no reason anyone should try to make this line when Inline tube has it.

P6290075.JPG

It's a little confusing when you first start to fit it, so here's some pics to show you how that line should be oriented. You don't want to tighten the flare nut until you have everything in place, right up to the carb. It takes some wiggling to get it right.
IMG_0523.JPG
IMG_4328.JPG

Back