B-J Scottsdale 2016

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just fast-forwarded through the first 2 hours of B-J Scottsdale 2016 and not one Mopar!

Neither. Just spectating.
Ya know, if you weren't doing all this type of stuff, you could have squeezed in another car...
smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

Beautiful 1956 DeSoto Adventurer White/Gold with a 341 Hemi 2x4bbl's sold her $50k. Lot 1020.1.

I am firmly convinced that all hibuck cars sell in one of two ways.
Overpriced publicly and fairly priced privately.
Unfortunately it's a 95/10 ratio volume wise.

You should look at this De Soto....gold seats!

A very nice #1 car. It would easily cost $100-150k to do a restoration to that level.

Dang! That one is nice.

We were there yesterday and while the cars that go across the block Friday night thru Saturday night will bring big bucks there were bargains the rest of the week. Most of what sold before Friday probably didn't bring what the seller had in restoration costs. For example a 55 Cadillac sold for around 20K, early 50's Merc went for $28K, a 59 Desoto Adventurer in nice driver condition was 16K. Then there was a driver condition black 67 300 "vert that went for $10K. I'm trying to load a picture of it. A 70 Challenger T/A went for $55K. A few years ago it would've broke 100 grand. After seeing this years prices I would never let my car go to a no reserve auction.

Chris....did you see the 56 Gold and White DeSoto yesterday?

Yes I did Bob. Very nice car. Exactly what I'm talking about. Went for a fraction what he had in it.

I bet it would easily take $100-150k to restore one to that level. If I got a Forward Look I should would love to have a DeSoto.

If I want a nice car I"m buying one done. It will be a lot cheaper than restoring one myself.

If I want a nice car I"m buying one done. It will be a lot cheaper than restoring one myself.

Amen...I learned my lesson from Dave and his Dad. All I need to buy for my next car will be a dust buster and a lawn chair. LOL!

Never found a car in my life that was turnkey until I bought a new F-150 10 years ago. First vehicle I never think about.

That 1973 Polara Dave's Dad bought a few years ago from Kansas I believe was pretty close to being perfect. Very, very nice car.

Back