Back After 3 years!

Funkym44

Reaction score
Feels good to be back. One of those "you blink and the time went by situations". The link below was one of my very first posts on FCBO just a short while after getting my first C body. The New Yorker has gone through a few generations of evolving! Murray Park helped me out with a 1967 440 replacement engine (my first full rebuild), trans, rear end (added a Sure Grip and kept the 3.23's), front suspension, sourced some bucket seats and a console, and the underside of the car were last winters projects for me and it turned out great! This summer I threw on some original steel wheels, fresh tires and some wheel covers. This winters project will be spraying on a fresh coat of the original Crystal Blue. Speaking of evolving; so have I! Grew the balls to propose (don't worry fellas, she spends more on car parts than I do), been at a great new job for a while now, and bought ANOTHER '84 5th Avenue daily driver. Look forward to getting back into it on the forums and hitting some shows this summer with all of you! I threw some pictures of a couple different set-ups. Most recently is the stock set-up in front of the house there.
SUMMER daily driver setup.PNG

PS: It IS possible to spin the tires 120+ feet with the stock sized meats on it.

https://www.forcbodiesonly.com/mopar-forum/threads/67-new-yorker-ideas.24272/

Making Clouds Last 4th of July .PNG

Hobby Lobby vinyl FTW.PNG

HWY 142 Re-Lined .PNG

Thanks for the posting here!:thumbsup:

Congrats on the engagement!

Not the way I would have chosen to break an engine in but it's your 440:lol:

A '67 New Yorker coupe with a console interior is one of my favorite models. Along with '67/68 Imperials and 300s. Once you do the repaint make sure you post the photos

A '67 New Yorker coupe with a console interior is one of my favorite models. Along with '67/68 Imperials and 300s. Once you do the repaint make sure you post the photos
I love the look! Mine originally had a Blue 60/40 type bench but I could not resist putting in the console.

Welcome back. Time for shows? Mopars in the Park is Friday through Sunday, if it's not too far across Wisconsin for you, you should go.

Welcome back....I too was away for a couple year after a big move and life getting in the way...;)..... and recently came back as well.

Welcome back. Time for shows? Mopars in the Park is Friday through Sunday, if it's not too far across Wisconsin for you, you should go.
Went last year and had fun. That’s actually where I got the wheel covers I have on there now.

67 New Yorker (13).JPG
67 New Yorker (14).JPG
67 New Yorker (16).JPG
67 New Yorker (17).JPG

Can't go wrong with Magnums on the '65-'68 Chryslers. I believe everyone should be able to fix their old Mopar the way they want, unless they want to put big diameter wheels on it.

Back