Bad News

mdh157

Reaction score
Just drove by the fairgrounds......if it looks the same tomorrow morning, I'm not even going over there. There was maybe 30 cars in the corral and the amount of vendors looked to me like one could walk completely through in 60-90 minutes. And keep in mind that Gm has 5 brands represented.

i hope its a bit better for the mopar show

There'll be plenty of nice Mopar's for sale...there always is. You just have to pull the trigger on one of them.

and yes, dead as a door nail.......the only cars in the corral were under the pavillion and right alongside it. Turns my stomach. one thing that is dying is the amount of guys that are coming out for the sake of getting together. The new generation doesn't care if they ever meet anyone new or hang out shooting the breeze for the weekend.

Hey, I spent half our community concert last night talking with a guy that drove up in a 76 Caddy. We exist.

and yes, dead as a door nail.......the only cars in the corral were under the pavillion and right alongside it. Turns my stomach. one thing that is dying is the amount of guys that are coming out for the sake of getting together. The new generation doesn't care if they ever meet anyone new or hang out shooting the breeze for the weekend.

You can blame FB and the other kinds of BS media out there for that.

They wouldn't have any problem doing prison time as long as they had their FN phones. I have to yell at family members to put the FN phones away while we're eating dinner at my house or at a restaurant.

GM show? Dead?

The GM show at Carlisle is small in comparison to the other shows. I believe they still have on fairgrounds parking.
Their best shows for show car attendance is the Corvette show, the Chrysler show and the Ford show, respectively.

The GM show at Carlisle is small in comparison to the other shows. I believe they still have on fairgrounds parking.
Their best shows for show car attendance is the Corvette show, the Chrysler show and the Ford show, respectively.

Usually the most attended shows at Carlisle are the Spring & fall carlisle and the Chrysler show. The GM show never did add up to much. Camero, pontiac, oldsmobile and Buick guys just don't relate to one another very well.

shoot where the heck do YOU live, over where I'm at a GM event forget it you could be killed that's how crazy it gets. In march I attended Mopars at the strip in Las Vegas and that was mellow compared to the Pomona car show and swap meet in California where I live which features everything but mostly GM seriously, some people look like they don't have a buck in their pocket and with the beer they sell at 10 to 12 bucks for 12ounces hot California sun, packed walking shoulder to shoulder it can get pretty crazy. Not knocking it though I attend every event

Usually the most attended shows at Carlisle are the Spring & fall carlisle and the Chrysler show. The GM show never did add up to much. Camero, pontiac, oldsmobile and Buick guys just don't relate to one another very well.
That's interesting .. I never even thought about that before. It's cool how the Mopar crowd likes all Mopars (for the most part)

The spring and fall events are swap meets, not shows so they are a different animal but yes, draw the best crowds. Ask the staff they'll tell you what I told you

Like I said earlier .. I'm surprised I never noticed that or even thought of it before. Just another reason why I love Mopar. Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler, Imperial, etc guys get along well and appreciate each others cars far more than say the Pontiac v chevy v olds etc. They are more separatist.

That's cuz there's way less of us. Said before: throw a rock, hit two mustangs and a camaro.

Like I said earlier .. I'm surprised I never noticed that or even thought of it before. Just another reason why I love Mopar. Plymouth, Dodge, Chrysler, Imperial, etc guys get along well and appreciate each others cars far more than say the Pontiac v chevy v olds etc. They are more separatist.

BUT They all honor their own large beasts way more than the Mopar guys respect C owners and C bodies

Back