Barn Find 1969 Daytona Charger

I think you gentlemen will be surprised at the sale price. I also applaud anyone willing to restore this Daytona,..it takes a lot of time and energy and desire to.get it done.

I will not be surprised one bit. Lots of people with more $ than brains that get whipped into a frenzy at B-J.

I see a lot worse A,B and E body cars than this one appear in my body/paint guys shop all the time. Even these cars that have been in California but not well cared for look at least as bad as this one. Water accumulates in the body, and the lavish use of seam sealer in these bodies traps moisure that takes its toll on the outer and inner panels over time. This Daytona, by comparison, probably because it has been under a canopy, doesn't look as bad as the average one of these cars I have seen in the last few years. And replacing rear frame rails and other sections of the frame is very common too. To me, this is not more than an average restoration effort. And the car will fetch over $100K as it sits I believe with little effort. Being a very complete car also helps, which is also rare these days. I also believe this car could be restored for under $60K if much of the work is done by guys like most of us that are willing to do some of the work ourselves. It will be the purchase price, however, that will separate the men from the boys.

Last edited:
I think you gentlemen will be surprised at the sale price. I also applaud anyone willing to restore this Daytona,..it takes a lot of time and energy and desire to.get it done.

I bet $1.00 that the guy who buys this HAS it restored and never breaks a nail in the process... then he can thump his chest and tell the "back story" of HIS restoration when ever he shows it.

I bet $1.00 that the guy who buys this HAS it restored and never breaks a nail in the process... then he can thump his chest and tell the "back story" of HIS restoration when ever he shows it.

Tell us something we don't know....

I hope we see it on GYC!

I watch that show because I love the cars. I have never seen their work up close to judge any of that, but I hate all the BS they do for the camera. The air time they spent last season just fnoff was ridiculous. I'm glad everyone was fired or quit... maybe this newer bunch wont be as bad.

I always wondered why the son in law had to work a second job at a hardware store. Do you think they got paid very much for doing that show? Judging by the real estate acquisition a big payout went to the owner.

I almost cancelled it from the DVR when the owner spouted off about left hand thread lugnuts a few episodes ago.

Lets just hope it doesn't wind up at GMG, those guys are real idiots. Cutting up a nice E body to restomod it killed me... at a glance, they should have seen they would be chopping the floor and just got a shell. I have to hand it to them, I think they did it just to get purists fired up and talking to up their ratings. All the TV stuff seems to need BS.

That Challenger on GMG was a non-title car (probably a no VIN test mule) that Chrysler was definitely going to crush when they got it back. It could never be titled anyways.

That Challenger on GMG was a non-title car (probably a no VIN test mule) that Chrysler was definitely going to crush when they got it back. It could never be titled anyways.

I don't care about the newer "donor" its the old RT that pissed me off... they could have done that to a shell or maybe even a Dynacorn body and I would have thought "cool". To take a complete, nothing wrong with it restoration/survivor and destroy it was wrong.

I can't watch GYC, don't like the characters at all. Fast and loud I like.

Ahhhh... *** monkey crazy. She is the best character on the show.
I can't watch GYC, don't like the characters at all. Fast and loud I like.

I liked the first season or two, by the time they started shooting "dream sequences" they were no longer about building cars, they are trying to build ratings. The number of camshafts they have wiped out alone tells me they couldn't fix a sandwich. Master Mechanic my ***, AK has said and done some jacked up crap on that show and runs and hides when the build is out of his comfort zone. Everyone here gets out of their comfort zone working on their cars, its how we learn.

sorry. way late to this thread.

just happens somebody told me about this car over the weekend (in connection with modern-day conversion kits for current generation Charger/Challenger - snout and wing -- I am not there yet) and a google search lead here :).

Apparently it sold for $90,000 at Mecum in January.

Barn Find Daytona Sold At Mecum!

sorry. way late to this thread.

just happens somebody told me about this car over the weekend (in connection with modern-day conversion kits for current generation Charger/Challenger - snout and wing -- I am not there yet) and a google search lead here :).

Apparently it sold for $90,000 at Mecum in January.

Barn Find Daytona Sold At Mecum!

Not really a barn find. That car sat under a cover in a shed off and on for as long as I can remember near here. The owner bought the car new, (or near new), and treasured it. Kind of a legend around here and several folks tried to buy it. The owner had a massave heart attack one day and died. It wasen't long after that the Daytona, and several other Mopars in the shed, disappeared.
I shot a picture one day while passing by.

covered daytona in Argo.jpg

Not really a barn find. That car sat under a cover in a shed off and on for as long as I can remember near here. The owner bought the car new, (or near new), and treasured it. Kind of a legend around here and several folks tried to buy it. The owner had a massave heart attack one day and died. It wasen't long after that the Daytona, and several other Mopars in the shed, disappeared.
I shot a picture one day while passing by.

View attachment 91758

ah .. that's it right there..

perhaps this photo (and a video) was a stage production to embellish the "barn find" angle for the auction/media coverage. (dragged in, hay sprinkled around to set the mood/cover the tracks, bales in the background, etc.)

66-76.jpg

ah .. that's it right there..

perhaps this photo (and a video) was a stage production to embellish the "barn find" angle for the auction/media coverage. (dragged in, hay sprinkled around to set the mood/cover the tracks, bales in the background, etc.)

View attachment 91759

This is definitely not where the car came from. A form of marketing, I guess.

So what is the current status of this car? Being restored or no one knows?

I liked the first season or two, by the time they started shooting "dream sequences" they were no longer about building cars, they are trying to build ratings. The number of camshafts they have wiped out alone tells me they couldn't fix a sandwich. Master Mechanic my ***, AK has said and done some jacked up crap on that show and runs and hides when the build is out of his comfort zone. Everyone here gets out of their comfort zone working on their cars, its how we learn.

They lost me the first couple seasons. They used to trash talk old mopars quite a few times, and they wouldn't touch em.

Now who is their biggest sponsor, and they love? Dodge...

All in it for the $$. Read an article a while back. The garage was never real. Discovery came along, and they invented the show. Now he has the bar, and all.

No thanks.....

Back