barn find 1973 Imperial

Doubt derby wingnuts would pay 8K for a car they're going to smash, not that much money in parts besides the engine/trans. If someone offered 7K and told them to think it over, they'd call back.

Even on the high end I still think it’s worth it. Better than letting a derby morphodite have it. Only someone like that would smash a car they paid that much for.

As I was told, they would just take the drivetrain out anyway. Chevy 350's can run for an hour without radiator fluid. No one wants a 440 for derby apparently and they would just sell the motor to a charger or cuda guy.

As I was told, they would just take the drivetrain out anyway. Chevy 350's can run for an hour without radiator fluid. No one wants a 440 for derby apparently and they would just sell the motor to a charger or cuda guy.

That just confirms a room temperature IQ on their part if they insist.

Even on the high end I still think it’s worth it.
Unfortunately I am not a rich buyer. I buy for my hobby. Paying full price is not where I can play unless it is a special car. Even then I have to be very careful. 8K for a car that is claimed over and over again that it runs doesn't work for me as I understand how much time and money I will have to put into the car to drive it around my little town.

It was explained to me by many locals that I had better take my vasoline to this location as this family is wheelers and dealers and they get everything on the cheap and sell it always for double to 5 times the amount they got it for. Hence my comment on the other thread that I went ahead and bought that 72 newport for twice what they paid for it. And I bought it as a junk car that is only worth the engine. I don't buy cars for the engine. I like to drive cars. I bought it for respect of giving their time, regardless of how out of reality they might or might not be.

Unfortunately I am not a rich buyer. I buy for my hobby. Paying full price is not where I can play unless it is a special car. Even then I have to be very careful. 8K for a car that is claimed over and over again that it runs doesn't work for me as I understand how much time and money I will have to put into the car to drive it around my little town.
8k is expensive but nowhere near full price. 15-18k is full price.

now now, There is a black tuxedo imperial that is in impeccable condition for sale right now for 16 or 18K. I could drive it cross country and look good in a TX9 car.
Full price would be a running driving ready to cross the country car. Not me doing a ton of work to it.

now now, There is a black tuxedo imperial that is in impeccable condition for sale right now for 16 or 18K. I could drive it cross country and look good in a TX9 car.
Full price would be a running driving ready to cross the country car. Not me doing a ton of work to it.

Flipping cars is a gamble, you win some and lose some. You pick and choose the problems to address that maximize your profit and are most cost effective, but I guess you know that.

Imperials are rare so I would save all of them if I could.

And I am not a flipper.
I lose money on just about every car i have ever owned.
I need to sell a few of my cars to fund other cars and I would be glad just getting my money back.
My cars are rust free cars yet when advertised they are usually just stuff that are too far away for the rust belt guys.

My cars are rust free cars yet when advertised they are usually just stuff that are too far away for the rust belt guys
That's hilarious, I bought the '73 from Denver, was put on a truck to California, then on a boat to Australia. It's the only way for those outside USA.

My cars are rust free cars yet when advertised they are usually just stuff that are too far away for the rust belt guys.
With all the means of getting a car across the country, I think that cop out shows they don't really want the car. I sure wish every car I've got was right in my backyard. I've gone out of state five times, and had o e delivered. I prefer getting the cars myself, an adventure is always waiting.

I have picked up about 12 cuda's over the last 23 years from when I started looking for cuda's. I have been to every coast and about 10 states for those cuda's. It's definitely an adventure every time! I also pull the cars home myself.

Give them your best offer in writing with your contact info and leave it with them, let them know if they ever want to sell then that offer stands.

I looked at a near twin of that car years ago, was an absolutely loaded car with every available option, even a factory sunroof and had the early ABS braking system!

Good idea. I will give him a business card when I pick up the 72 newport I reluctantly purchased.

Comparing this car to the blue Imperial in Canada, $8K seems a fair price.

Back