20230430_174556.jpg

20230430_174600.jpg

20230430_174604.jpg

20230430_174609.jpg

20230430_174616.jpg

20230430_174625.jpg

20230430_174629.jpg

20230430_174642.jpg

how did it get that dirty inside when it was parked with doors and windows closed ? By the amount of dirt it can´t be parked just a couple of years, more likely a decade or longer

Dirt floor, dust gets into everything, but yes, it looks as though it has been sitting longer than a couple of years.

It's been sitting 12 years. Started 4 years ago. As I was told.
Keep in mind this is the region of the USA that the Dirt Bowl happened to back in the depression.
The wind here and the dust that it rises is worse than just about any location in America.
The highway's shut down here once a week (it seems) due to dust.
I live just up the road from the Great Sand Dunes and the wind's and dust that created that are no where near the severity of the Colorado/Kansas border. Very find dust, so like CRV said it should clean up just fine.
Dorothy flew over here once.

wizzard-oz house.gif

Keep in mind this is the region of the USA that the Dirt Bowl happened to back in the depression.
The wind here and the dust that it rises is worse than just about any location in America.
I live just up the road from the Great Sand Dunes and the wind's and dust that created that are no where near the severity of the Colorado/Kansas border. Very find dust, so like CRV said it should clean up just fine.

View attachment 594531

I think you should offer the owner $3000 in cold cash, and see what he says. If he responds with a number, counter with a number half way from your number to his number. From there, it depends on how bad he wants to sell the car and how bad you want to buy the car.

I think you should offer the owner $3000 in cold cash, and see what he says. If he responds with a number, counter with a number half way from your number to his number. From there, it depends on how bad he wants to sell the car and how bad you want to buy the car.
Here is a shot from Collector Car Market. It may help with negotiations (as it sits, I would say the car is in No. 4 condition):

1973 CHRYSLER IMPERIAL LEBARON 440-230hp (8cyl-4V) AT
#4#3#2#1
2dr Htp407576001130019400
4dr Htp362568001020017400

Instead of a carwash, maybe you just need a leaf blower to clean that thing?

Instead of a carwash, maybe you just need a leaf blower to clean that thing?
Thats a good idea, first blow off as much as possible with compressed air and blower, vacuum the edges filled with that dry dust soon to be mud when you add water. With a pre blow off, less mud ends up in hard to reach areas after.

Almost the same as mine. I got a 72 though. I paid $4500, it had the engine partially disassembled, and likely had not run in 20 years or so.

Awesome! It appears from yals comments that the car should sell as it sits for between 3000 and 4500.
That makes sense to me. I appreciate all of yals expertise.
Please feel free to comment further.

I still think 5-7K would be a fair price given the overall condition, I'm tempted to say it's worth a bit more than that, but the seller should have it running to achieve anything above 7K, it depends how badly he wants it gone.

I still think 5-7K would be a fair price given the overall condition, I'm tempted to say it's worth a bit more than that, but the seller should have it running to achieve anything above 7K, it depends how badly he wants it gone.
At half those numbers, I'd be in a comfort zone.

I would also go for 4 or 5k.
1st. It´s been sitting for over a decade, will probably need mechanical work for that reason.
2nd triple pickle is also not that favorable but that of course depends on personal taste.
3rd it is very low optioned for an Imperial. Only extra is the H53 AutoTempII ( which most likely will not work ) and the R32 5 speaker radio with the R48 power antenna.
That´s about it, everything else on the fender tag is standard equipment and standard cloth bench seat.

The fella won't sell the car for anything that I would agree on. His kids say the car is worth 8K and they can get that all day long to the "derby" crowd.
BS, but what do I know?
I told him to get his kids to buy some cars from me for 8K if that is what they are worth and I will go find them elsewhere for less and resale to him.
No dice. They would rather the money be high as that is what matters, not that I want to clean up the car and actually drive it.
Non mopar derby guys
The proceeded to tell me that they just put chevy 350's in the old mopars for the derby, but then told me that everybody want a mopar for the derby cause the 440 is such a good engine. But not for the derby. ugh.

Kinda the same with all the mopar cars they have.

Very sad to hear! Unfortunately, there are too many unteachable people who don't appreciate the importance of these time capsules...

Back