Barn Find! Tons of 1950's Classics soon for sale

Unfortunately mopars are rare in Cuba... Lot's of Chevys and Fords. Also Buicks, Pontiacs, Packards, Edsels...

57-58 Plymouths are the most common mopars seen on the streets I think. I would gladly see those back on the international market, lol!

And those cheap Cuba vacations just tripled in price.

This is a bad thing. Dear Leader just opened up a hornet's nest of trouble here, IMO.

Besides, I would not expect those classic American cars in Cuba to suddenly start popping up for sale anytime soon. Our actions do not affect the average Cuban citizen much. Plus, once a car is sold in Cuba, the seller has to go through a LOT of bureaucratic BS to obtain another car.

Many of these old cars in Cuba are held together only by the paint and are nowadays propelled by Russian four-cylinder engines. The fact that they still run is owed to Cuban ingenuity. I guess few would be considered valuable in the eyes of an average US collector.

They'd be valuable not in the fact necessarily that they are 55 and 60-year old survivor cars and trucks, but the fact the have survived at all with the lack of available stock parts. All those ran out in the early '60s. It would certainly be a novelty to show one of those in either Canada or the US at a car show. Were I to somehow acquire a Cuban gem, I'd leave it as-is and NOT attempt a restoration! Its value may well be more as it sits, versus a restoration that would be end up indistinguishable from any other restoration of the same car that was sourced in the US or Canada.

Imagine, 58 Fury with a Lada or Volga engine, that would be a show stopper anywhere else but Cuba!

pt3IjSr.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

Back