Bendix Stromberg WCC Carburetor.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Was chatting with Tallhair yesterday about 2 bbl carbs and he asked me to check mine to see what i had on my bone stock 1967 383-2.
It's a Bendix Stromberg WCC, just what the book calls for.
It's a new rebuilt installed by the previous owner.
Then I noticed something odd.
There is no accelerator pump on mine. WTF... Just a hole.
Yet it runs like a Timex.
Sooooooo.....

1. Leave it alone?
2. Find one and put it on? I've looked and every rebuild kit doesn't include it.

Here's one with it.

2hgtkat.jpg

Oh, good. Somebody here knows these things. BJ: School on the "bowl vent" thingamabob.
I don't understand why a bowl vent needs a plunger type contraption.
My carb doesn't have the rubber piece, the spring piece, or the retainer piece. Should I get all freaked out or chill?

Posted via Topify on Android

The bowl vent needs a plunger type contraption because.... At idle, the plunger opens, venting the float bowl to the atmosphere letting air in or out as needed while the engine is at idle. Crack the throttle and the plunger closes. At speed, you don't need to vent the carb and you really don't want the air blowing by it to start sucking the gas out the open vent.

So... I'm not really sure if you should have it or not. It's running well, so that says "chill".... but maybe it should have it...

Somebody out there probably has a junk carb or two that you can get and grab the pieces from.

Does the FSM show the vent?

Somebody out there probably has a junk carb or two that you can get and grab the pieces from.
Anybody?
smiley_shrug[1].gif

Does the FSM show the vent?
Yes.

2i8c5fm.jpg

OK. Here's a puzzler.
I did my own ubergoogling and apparently when GM used the WCC, it had no bowl vent.
From a GM FSM:
I dunno what to think.

296cj61.jpg

Maybe my carb is for the GM application??

Since it was a rebuilt carb, I'll bet the top is a GM piece that found its way on to that carb at the rebuilders.

Posted via Topify on Android

You are confirming what I am now thinking........

Except my top looks like the Mopar one and not the GM one.
I'm confused.

Anybody have those three pieces?

2r22gxg.jpg

Back