Big Red 72 Imperial Road Trip

View attachment 140483 Here's what I'm going to try soon on my sun visors that were painted red and they cleaned up just okay so I need to paint...not sure if you are looking for a specific color.
Thanks, yeah I'm not sure if the color of the white interior is "white" or "bone" or "Spiniker White". I'm interested in how the paint matches, since I am also doing touch up work on mine.

Thanks, yeah I'm not sure if the color of the white interior is "white" or "bone" or "Spiniker White". I'm interested in how the paint matches, since I am also doing touch up work on mine.
I'll keep you posted my first product covered nice but has a sticky feel after drying.

She looks great, man. So good to see her owning the road again!
20170829_052244.jpg
Thanks. Dropped her off this morning before work for continued brake, tranny, seals, filters, etc...i'd love to get a pic of her up on the hoist.

20170829_180008.jpg
Full brake job & tune up completed today. Runs and brakes beautifully. Next week would like to get stock steering wheel/horn pad combo on. Could go black/black or black/white pad...the black pad says Chrysler not Imperial like white does.
20170829_185047.jpg

I believe the fsm will tell you what color the interior should be. It may even give you the paint code.

The technical section of the 1972 pages of the online imperial club has a listing of the Ditzler paint codes together with the Chrysler codes.

Your car is looking better and better. Mine is close to being sorted.

Last edited:
Doc, was just poking around Murray Parks website and saw something familiar..
IMG_1679.PNG

Just say'en.. If you needed parts. It's a sunroof car too! Yummy!!

Got any pics? I'd love to see it.
The only one at present is my profile one. I'll take more in November when I'm there.

Basically, 1973 LeBaron 4 door, Spinnaker White with White vinyl roof, Powder Blue velour buckets and rear seat. Navy vinyl cushions on inside sail panels.

Bought from SLC, originally from Texas - at least that was where the seller bought it.
Minor body rust and paint issues fixed.
Drivers window scratched but my friend has a good one that he'll install. Drivers side rear window non functional though motor runs. Will get sorted.

Air conditioning requires work, and there's an e ngine leak - probably rear main seal, which I'll have attended to.

Since I want to ship her to Christchurch next year I'm having her assessed and will likely pull the engine to fix leak whilst detailing engine compartment.

I realize this is expensive however this is my last collector car and I want to keep her forever so it's worth it. Besides, truck from Appleton Wisconsin to NYC port around 900 US and shipping to NZ around 6000 NZ. Then inspection, registration and insurance - $$$. After which there's a WOF (warrant of fitness) inspection every 6 months but hey, I'll be driving her.

Thx for your interest.

View attachment 140594
That was the Detroit Auto Show car for that year and is - or was when I inquired sold with it being paid off over time.

Rare sunroof and probably fully loaded.

That was the Detroit Auto Show car for that year and is - or was when I inquired sold with it being paid off over time.

Rare sunroof and probably fully loaded.

If all you say is true, it's Ashamed it's gotta sit outside uncovered and un protected.. thats a part of automotive history, and the sunroof looks to be partially opened, letting in God knows what. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the history lesson though.

View attachment 140594
Wow! that would be fun to drag home for parts.Thanks. wife would kill me...so that's on website? I better check out...love to have that sunroof and more...

Nice compliment from a neighbor across the street cutting his grass...He says,
20170827_131410.jpg

"Put your red car in the garage people driving by are wringing their neck looking at it."

Back