Big Red 72 Imperial Road Trip

DocMcNeedy

"Iggy my Mc-Bum-Fuk"
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Fill 'er up!
Sunday driving today.
20170827_091636.jpg

You went a direction I wouldnt have gone with the car, but I like it ...:thumbsup:
Thanks. I've actually have had just 6 weeks into changing directions of previous owner. I'm just driving it while I make changes. I have alot planned.

For some reason I like the straight pipes out the back on your car. It could be because of the wheels which I also like.

She drives so smooth...think I'll grab the three pups and take
redyacht.jpg
her to the cabin. The Minnesota weather has cleared for the moment.

*Just as a sidenote I posted 4 pics of Big Red on the Facebook public group Imperial 1955-1975 this week. Got an interesting FB exchange going. The Imperial purists not happy with the wheel and tire choice on Big Red. Others were okay with her look. Also, the red color was not commonly ordered back in the 1972 apparently. It was a fun post with unexpected responses.

Fill 'er up!
Sunday driving today.View attachment 140274
Not much to "not like" about this car but those hideous exhaust pipes. Each to his own, but it looks like you're trying to make the car look like something it isn't. Now if the pipes were tucked up with "down-turns" on either side, slanted outwards a bit, that IMHO would look far better. Just the tips of the turn-downs showing behind the bumper.

Not much to "not like" about this car but those hideous exhaust pipes. Each to his own, but it looks like you're trying to make the car look like something it isn't. Now if the pipes were tucked up with "down-turns" on either side, slanted outwards a bit, that IMHO would look far better. Just the tips of the turn-downs showing behind the bumper.
I can see your point...the exhaust is new through and through by previous owner...I just got Big Red mid July...other issues have taken priority on her...I may make some adjustments next year on exhaust...it has quite the "Growl" like possibly glass packs...not completely sure the muffler brand. So, if I quiet her down then I probably will flare or shorten the tips.

No the wheels and exhaust tips aren't correct, but I love it! I'm more concerned about the red bits inside, but I know those will be corrected in short order. I like seeing a car like this given a little, attitude. Can't all look alike.

No the wheels and exhaust tips aren't correct, but I love it! I'm more concerned about the red bits inside, but I know those will be corrected in short order. I like seeing a car like this given a little, attitude. Can't all look alike.
I'm down to just the red on door panels...might scrub and paint Spinnaker White soon.

redpanel.jpg
I'm not sure black or white where red is?

Nice place; but it looks more like a small house on the lake. My version of a "cabin" would be far from a paved road, much less a mailbox.
Up here in Minnesota a cabin on the lake is often the preferred way to go.

View attachment 140320 I'm not sure black or white where red is?
If i recall correctly, the door panel is all the one colour. In my 73 with blue interior the door panels are blue.

Go to the online imperial club website, www.imperialclub.com click on Imperials by year, 1972, autobiographies, then select the third one down "ethyl." There's a photo of the drivers side door showing its solid colour.

Back