Big Red 72 Imperial Road Trip

Murray sometimes is the only source for a part. I'm grateful for what he does for us!

Man! I really love your red car, but the wheels and tires have gotta go.
See pic below of the tire setup I want from another Imperial owner...it's taking some time to get the crucial things done first..I'm making improvements on my baby weekly...I'm finally going to be able to get application for collector plates today here in Minnesota...new computer system at DMV huge delay last 2 months
theo.jpg
...steering wheel replacement soon...tranny and water pump next week...just had brakes completely redone...master and booster...you have any leads on 4 original rims and caps?

See pic below of the tire setup I want from another Imperial owner...it's taking some time to get the crucial things done first..I'm making improvements on my baby weekly...I'm finally going to be able to get application for collector plates today here in Minnesota...new computer system at DMV huge delay last 2 monthsView attachment 140720 ...steering wheel replacement soon...tranny and water pump next week...just had brakes completely redone...master and booster...you have any leads on 4 original rims and caps?

Well. . . OK. . . But hurry up! :poke:

The best source I could recommend for wheels, etc. is Murray Park. I recently bought four 15 X 7 wheels from him, along with the correct disc brake wheel covers for my '66 300 convertible. I thought the price was very reasonable, and he delivered them to me at Carlisle.

Got the collector plate application completed today at DMV. Temp permit for 60 days. Now Big Red is legal again.
20170831_084510.jpg
Her rearend stuck out in the small lot.

I might sell my steel wheels, hubcaps and whitewalls once I get the wheels and tires on it (below) that commando1 and detmatt want me to put on it.

View attachment 140786
I really like both photos and both styles....i'm confused...aren't you going to get the same eye poking I get for non stock rims and tires?

See pic below of the tire setup I want from another Imperial owner...it's taking some time to get the crucial things done first..I'm making improvements on my baby weekly...I'm finally going to be able to get application for collector plates today here in Minnesota...new computer system at DMV huge delay last 2 monthsView attachment 140720 ...steering wheel replacement soon...tranny and water pump next week...just had brakes completely redone...master and booster...you have any leads on 4 original rims and caps?
Is this friend of yours on this site? I've never seen this car before. Looks like mine

Why don't you guys just trade?
Don't tell my wife...But, I have a strong feeling Big Red isn't going to be my only Imperial before I'm ashes...
I'd love another...maybe black
impblack3.jpg
and my wheels might come in handy if I find another one that has tire issues, etc...

Fill 'er up!
Sunday driving today.View attachment 140274
This is exactly like the car that got me into C bodies. I was 9 (1984) and growing up in NYC. I remember seeing this huge red car with a white top and interior that was sitting in a parking lot near where I lived. I think it had cragars on it. I would ride my bicycle over to it almost everyday wondering what it was....fascinated by it. It turned out to be abandoned, and soon lost its wheels and some trim parts and had its windows busted out before being towed away. I don't think I've seen another in this color combination since. Very nice car

Back