Bought a 1 of 2 known 4 speed car today :)

My65cuda

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just not the type you're expecting. It's a 81 plymouth Arrow Sunrader. From what I've searched, they made 2 of these things. Toyota has a version that was done as well. Need to make some adjustments, but this should quite the conversation piece. They cut the springs and have blocks on the back, that has to come out because it drives awful, but runs good.

91982041-DA37-4434-9935-F8EAC63294FA.jpeg

Just not the type you're expecting. It's a 81 plymouth Arrow Sunrader. From what I've searched, they made 2 of these things. Toyota has a version that was done as well. Need to make some adjustments, but this should quite the conversation piece. They cut the springs and have blocks on the back, that has to come out because it drives awful, but runs good.

View attachment 542027
Damn cool… plans?

Get it to proper ride height. It rides like *** right now. Has cut springs and blocks, need to change that. Then drive it!

Yup that appears to be it. We drove it around a little bit today, considering taking it to Carlisle

Very cool! Looks like a mini Dodge Dreamer.
View attachment 542205
sum-gun .. another one I have never heard of/dont recall ever seeing till today. and I am old :)

1656968372957.png

Last edited:
Yes, it's the mitsi. I missed out on a dreamer not long ago. I have to buy one now to go with this thing. Just want to find a nice one.

At the Chry-Ply-FIAT dealer I worked at in 1979, we had a new Arrow pickup with the blinding yellow paint that we used for a parts delivery truck. I loved that little beast! It had the five-speed and the Silent Shaft 2.6L Hemi engine. Quite peppy for the day. I never knew your conversion existed.

Have seen both Datsuns and Toyotas version, but this is unusual. While Datsun didn't do the spacecab (That I've seen) Toyota did, very cool find!

080916-Barn-Finds-1979-Toyota-SR5-Pickup-2-630x473.jpg

080816-Barn-Finds-1979-Datsun-620-Pickup-2-630x354.jpg

toyota-custom-cab-front-e1603726528444.jpg

I worked at a NorCal dodge dealer in 1988.
I remember a new pair of dodge Dakotas coming in
that were dualies. They both had severe balance problems
with rear wheels. Also braking problems with oversize tires vs the stock smaller brakes. The customers were always in and out of dealership. They wound up returning both of them to dealership. Chrysler did not warranty them because the conversions were done outside of factory.
Dealership had to eat both new trucks.

Back