Bought this 1974 Imperial LeBaron 4dr today

I'm intrigued by field 2 of the company-owned car receipt:

The available boxes are:
"Assigned Car"
"Do Car*"
"Emp. Lease Car"
"Prod. Plng. Car"

Do Car is explained and Assigned Car and Emp. Lease Car seem pretty clear to me. But what category is Prod. Plng. Car? Product Evaluation Vehicle maybe?
I am intrigued too, these are all good questions. Hopefully we'll find the answers! Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
U68 TIRE (LR78X15) and PIN 25 (line 4) = 2:71 axle ratio = D51
Here is the axle tag....
IMG_1671.jpg

2.71 it is! The gas crunch was fully on at that point so it makes sense that the standard for the Imps was changed from 2.94.

Just for the heck of it.... could you get a couple of pic's of the drivers seat and back?

I picked up a '75 a few years back in New Mexico....A 2 owner car originally out of LA. Cherry leather seats (blue), always wanted a '74 though. And thanks for posting.

Stunning car! I've been hoping to run across another Formal Chrysler, or a Dodge RMB coupe, but no luck locally. I really like my Imperial ragtop, but I kinda miss my old '78 Chrysler NYBS.

1657557321366.png

Does anyone have a pic of that idler pully and bracket ? I didn't know there was such a thing. My '77 belts jump all over the place when the A/C is on. There the Gates 7660 but with the upper hose and shield I can't tell where it would even go...?

View attachment 543672

Does anyone have a pic of that idler pully and bracket ? I didn't know there was such a thing. My '77 belts jump all over the place when the A/C is on. There the Gates 7660 but with the upper hose and shield I can't tell where it would even go...?

I might have both the idler pulley and the bracket in my pulley-and-bracket box at home. I'll check later for you!

The Build Date 040917 on the Vehicle Equipment Card should be identical to the MDH sequence on your door sticker (please check). MDH spells Month-Day-Hour, so 040917 translates to April 9, 5 PM.

View attachment 543672

First of all...
Huge alternator or small alternator?
Only the small one uses the idler pully.

Back