Brake bleeding !

I had that stud out but no difference, i used a small mirror and looked into the valve but it dident make me any wiser so that valve now give me headache !! :gah: :tied up:
Unless your brake lines are rusty or damaged they should come loose. Maybe dismount the porportioning valve from the frame will give you room to work. There should be an electric wire there connected to a stud that can be removed with a socket. Sometimes removing that will allow the internal piston to recenter and solve your problem.

You've gotten a lot of good advice from the best on the this site.... The proportioning valve appears to your problem and I sympathize with your issue of accessibility. If the mounting stud that holds it to the fender is out, you should be able to move it away from the fender far enough to get a 3/4 open end on the body of it to secure it against a line wrench that fits... Try putting some penetrating oil over night .... It worked for me in a similar situation.

If its the original proportioning valve, chances are that no one has loosened any lines to it since they put it on at the factory! So that sumbich ain't coming out easy!

If that doesn't work....Cutting the lines, as you suggested, may be your only hope.... And if the car is 40+ years old you may want to change the lines anyway.

Good luck

Last edited:
DSC_0327.jpgYes, i find the right tool for the brakelines whit inch, her we use metric system.

DSC_0327.jpg

Metric is no good, when will the rest of the world learn?

Agreeded.......!!!!! The only wrenches in my box that are still shiny are the metric's..... The industry railroaded me into buying them back in the day and then went back to stds....... I think it was a conspiracy......:eusa_think:

I remember the 64 oz glass bottles, with the foam wrappers.... I still havent gotten over it.

Yet ice cream and coffee containers get smaller so they can keep the prices lower, yeah, your fooling me

Its use to be no problem whith inch / mm, but the brakeline tool in mm doesent fit inch so well. But now i find the right one, so tomorow the valve that make problem for me is history.:yaayy:

Collapsed line or proportioning valve?

Its use to be no problem whith inch / mm, but the brakeline tool in mm doesent fit inch so well. But now i find the right one, so tomorow the valve that make problem for me is history.:yaayy:

Good for you, you need that monkey off your back.

and Remember, you heard it here first................................... without a test light.

Yes, and i thank you for that, and test light is for electrisian and no normal people :yourock:

Thats what I tell everyone here, but they insist I have meters and gauges to figure things out

The way this one looks I'd throw out all of them right now too, if they're of the same age. I change them as a precaution about every ten years.

The way this one looks I'd throw out all of them right now too, if they're of the same age. I change them as a precaution about every ten years.

Its from chassie to rear axel, glad we found the problem!

Glad you found the problem. "What we have here is a failure to communicate." Post #4 addressed this exact issue of perhaps a collapsed hose. I discounted that possibility when you said in post #9 "all new and all in rear brakes is new", but it wasn't all new. Brake hoses are considered a wear item, as is anything rubber.

Yes and im sorry for that, but i ment that all was new in the brakes, not the lines, i check all lines visualy under the car and found nothing unusual. But when i loosen all lines Connections under the hood, and whith the rear bleeders open and used airpressure and nothing came thru to rear brakes, i figurd that the hose was "collapsed" so a new one is "moving in" tomorrow.:smileinbox:
Glad you found the problem. "What we have here is a failure to communicate." Post #4 addressed this exact issue of perhaps a collapsed hose. I discounted that possibility when you said in post #9 "all new and all in rear brakes is new", but it wasn't all new. Brake hoses are considered a wear item, as is anything rubber.

Back