brake booster for 1970 300

I found parts:

Home - Harmon Classic Brakes

They only offer parts up to 1970 models, though, and the kits are a little pricey, ranging from about $100 - $260, geting more expensive for the 50's and early 60's stuff.

I also found a rebuilder in southern Calif, Karps Power Brake, in Upland. The gentleman there said they charge $175 and a week's turn around time, so this makes the most sense for the value.

Welcome to Karps Brake Service

I may have gotten lucky but for my previous power drum 69 fury I got the booster + MC a few years ago from rock auto. Was a A-1 CARDONE 50-3600. No longer in stock but searching that number shows some available. I guess its true. But here is the kicker what I received from RA was a different booster. Part 54-73309. The booster is rounded and for 1975+ various models. It fits fine with some widening of the mounting plate hole that bolts to the firewall. The actual firewall hole is bigger and fits fine. The rubber bellows was too big/wide. Anyway it works great. Bolts line up. Pedal rod slightly longer but put the pedal at a better position then my worn out single diaphragm. It does stick out further into the engine bay - a little closer to the headers - but no issues for me.

According to this well known article it sure looks like they are using the same booster I have - C-Body Disc Brake Conversion - Mopar Muscle Magazine

Here's my booster. The guy at Karps said it's a Midland unit, CD1. Overall it looks great, this is the original factory unit. I can't speak for the rubber internals, though.

IMG_6455.jpg

IMG_6457.jpg

IMG_6459.jpg

Back