brake shoe help needed ASAP

c300g

Reaction score
i need to order new brake shoes for my 1965 plymouth fury today. can anyone tell me what size they are? all i know is they are 11" drums.

keep your old nails and springs too .. .. they sold me the nails for 3" brakes and i used them thinking they were the same, and the brake shoes walked off and pressed against the drum... took forever to get the drum off to get in there and correct.

try not to die -

- saylor

I would have blindly ordered the 2-1/2...
WINCE.GIF

How I do it...... my Grandfather had a parts store that I ran until his passing..... and we were known for old car parts -- and I started as a little whippersnapper
back in 1972 as a teenager -- and, remember, a 1957 Chrysler wasn't even on Old car then!!!! Heck, those parts were on the main shelves!!!!
The older parts -- and I mean 1923 Dodge, 1919 Ford, 1929 Buick, etc., etc. -- we had them, too!!!!!!!!!
So to earn respect from our countermen (as a Boss' grandson) and to earn my stripes from my grandfather (so that he could see I COULD run the show),
I would take on all the "MISSIONS" of finding all the "GEMS"!!!!!! -- and they were in 140 degree attics in the summer -- or in basements with mildew
(or rats) -- and sometimes, it wasn't pretty!!!!!!
But, I always LOVED the people (hey, they respected and loved their cars), I LOVED the cars (when a 1946 Chrysler Woody Wagon was in our parking lot --
that wasn't COOL????) and they were appreciative -- and when you serviced them, sometimes they would give you a $ 2 tip -- and you could be a hero with
your girlfriend -- buying her a slice of pizza and a fountain soda (That was DEFINITELY COOL!!!!).

I still love it today, I still LOVE 98 %of the people (hey, it's NOT 100 % anymore... times have changed...)... and God has blessed me with some unbelievable
recall power --- heck, I have 14 billion part numbers committed to memory....
When you come to a show -- stop by me -- my booths are ALWAYS phenomenal with some beautiful N.O.S. parts -- and I'll dazzle you with some knowledge
and insight.... and I'll give you a FREE COLD WATER...... Isn't that the way Life is SUPPOSED to be?!?!?!?

You can't go wrong dealing with Craig. Honest, fair, knowledgeable, & quality parts that are hard to find for our rides. Those older shoes with the asbestos lining do a better job stopping our cars because the lining dissipates heat so you won't get brake fade when they get hot. Hope to see you at Carlisle this July Craig.

Thank you for the kind comments, mrfury68.... I'll be there, same H107 - H108, right besides the big bathroom / showers house....
and I'll have ICE COLD WATERS for FREE --- because we all may need them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hoping to "unearth" some more goodies between now and then -- I am still actively on the prowl, shall we say !!!!!!!!!!

Hey, c300g, everyone is commenting -- but we haven't heard from you, yet?!?!?!
I am pretty sure I PM'ed you -- I'll double check.....yours, Craig -------

Back