Broken chrome studs

67mopar

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to attach the studs on chrome that the push nuts go onto? or how can i attach the chrome pieces with the broken studs?
thanks!

Best to replace the emblem. NOS or good used C body emblems are not that difficult to find. Otherwise, Seal-all or JB weld the emblem in place.

I had a couple break off my Polara emblems. Most emblems are very soft. I filed the stud down to the base and slowly drilled out the remainder of the broken studs down into the emblem carful not to go too deep or large. I then found some machine screws and cut the heads off and used a tap to enable the machine screw to screw in 3-4 turns. Filled the cavity and coated the bottom of the screw threads with epoxy. Screwed the studs in as far as I could and let it set to fully cure. Then I used the proper sized washer and nut and tightened snugly. I used a double nut to make sure it wouldn’t loosen up.
I will see if I can find the pictures.

Look up a product called Muggy Weld. Pot metal is a touchy item to mend, but this stuff seems to work pretty good.

I use 3M double sided trim tape.
I stick it onto the badge and I use an X-Acto knife to cut along the badge's shape. Peel the backing off and install.

Back