Brought Home A 69 Monaco

Ok, I have to buy tires for it and need to decide what rims to use. Stock Steel rims with wheel covers or I have a set of road wheels and a set of chrome wheels. If I stick with the wheel covers I need to find one more so if anyone has one they will sell let me know. What do you think?
20240212_120658.jpg
20230124_134647.jpg

Ok, I have to buy tires for it and need to decide what rims to use. Stock Steel rims with wheel covers or I have a set of road wheels and a set of chrome wheels. If I stick with the wheel covers I need to find one more so if anyone has one they will sell let me know. What do you think?
View attachment 645206View attachment 645207

I know a lot of our cars have them, but road wheels are hard to beat.

View attachment 645206View attachment 645207

I prefer the 8 hole wheel covers but you don't have those.

Do something different. Chrome wheels are my pick of the three options.

Every fuselage car has W23s, or wheel covers with WW. Boring.

Well I figured since the tires on the chrome rims are good enough to run around town on I'd throw them on. Ran into a problem I hadn't even thought about, both left front and rear still have lefthand studs and so no lugnuts for them. Always something.

Lugnuts ordered. I decided to go with the chrome wheels because I like them but mostly because the rear tires are good so I only have to replace the two fronts since they are out of date and have a little bit of cracking. Fine around town but I'm not taking them on the freeway.

Definitely concur! Are you committed to going back to original color?

Will look great either way.

Yes as long as I can find the time. The silver paint job is horrible so it needs to be painted or else it makes me look bad! I could live with the silver if it was nice, but it's not.

Was running a little rough so I figured I'd pull the plugs for a compression check. Well found the number 7 plug had no gap. So a new set of plugs and wires should do it. Compression was good.
20240306_092700.jpg

It got a little hot on yesterday's test drive so I picked up a thermostat thinking it was stuck. Nope, not stuck, not even there! Runs nice and cool now. Even washed it. Cleaned up well!
20240306_154841.jpg
20240306_154923.jpg
20240306_154956.jpg
20240306_155115.jpg

Back