Buddy seat cigarette lighter

carrman

Reaction score
Did all of the buddy seats have cigarette lighters in them? Mine seems to have a hole where one was, and I'm getting the interior done this winter and need to figure that little issue out.

Cpl the buddy seats lve seen all have the spot for lighter....wondering were Garry got off to....
20161002_145022.jpg

I have one from 1969 that's been listed in the for sale forum.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
That really actually cracks me up. I had never noticed them before. I just know everyone has an ashtray in my '66, and the front and back cigarette lighters. Times have changed.

My cousin 12 year olds, have never seen a cigarette lighter, they were fascinated by them. I was thinking, they have them in modern cars, but realized they are never in the socket because of the charging cords.

think if you take material off buddy seat you can see spot to set them up if you don't have one

The cigar lighters in old cars are serious fire hazards and scare me. I have come close to loosing cars to fire caused by them. They are not fused.
I keep the front lighters hot in my cars just for my chargers but never keep a lighter element in them, The lighter at the rear of Jazabelles console is not connected at all.

It'd be nice to fill the hole in my buddy seat with a non connected lighter. Failing that, I guess it could be covered over.

The one I have that came out of a 70 300 has the lighter.
buddy seat 1.jpeg
buddy seat 2.jpeg

Back