Buick Was Ahead of its Time

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
1667892166583.png

1667892288353.png

In seeing this concept vehicle named the Electra it seems Buick was ahead of its time decades ago in developing that model name. This concept vehicle appeals to me in terms of its styling although maybe the front end might be a little too much like Toyota. Maybe instead of the Electra 225 model as in the past they might name a production vehicle based on this concept an Electra 450 to suggest its miles on a single charge.

It seems in developing new EVs going forward the vehicle designers have stretched their thinking a bit on exterior shapes and even more so on interior design elements. This one seems refreshing to me at least............................and the new Lyric is also a handsome EV.

Here is an initial test drive with Jay Leno.....................

Buick Electra-X Concept | InsideEVs Photos

Last edited:
The average price of an electric vehicle in the United States for August 2022 was $66,000, according to Kelley Blue Book, the leading price advisor in the country.

The average price of an electric vehicle increased by 13% compared with 2021, which indicates a sharp upward trend.

However, with such an exorbitant price, electric vehicles remain out of reach for the average American, where the median salary for the second quarter of 2022 was $54,000.

According to the same report, the average starting price for the top ten electric vehicles was $60,500, with all cars except Teslas seeing a jump in prices. This is a sharp jump, especially considering that in January 2020, the average price of an electric car was $54,668.

What's the Average Price of an Electric Car in 2022?.

Electra "X"? I agree, they should've used the 225 added; or as you mentioned, 450 to reflect the alleged range of the car. Nice-looker, for certain.

I am very disappointed, that so many American manufacturers have ditched the Sedans. I think a Buick Electra should be a large luxury sedan in the vein of an S-class Merc. (The new Cadillac Celestic is a move into right direction, but it’s rear end looks way too much like a station wagon.)

Unfortunately, that is the way of the world, these days. Make everything a gussied-up station wagon or a crazy-huge truck.

Back