Bumper Bolts (venting)

MrMoparCHP

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Somewhere I have a full set of new (correct) bumper bolts but I can not find them.
No problem I'll just get some more (the ones that are missing were given to me) but the ones used on C-Bodies have a larger head than those used on ABE cars.

In looking and catalogs like Dorman, Year One etc they do not list the head diameter just the thread diameter and length.

Alan

I can understand how irritating that is.
Even when using the part number to insure the item is the correct and not a one size fits all item ( like torsion bar boots ), it's not like you're going to find NOS ones.

I just found a NOS rear bumper for my 68 Sport Suburban wagon and I used the Dorman part # 45370 which is 1/2" diameter by 1-3/8" long with a nut size of 3/4".while the head design is different they worked great.

I have 10 original bolts with the nuts and some of the washers and lock washers if your interested in originals they may clean up with some polishing I soaked them for 2 days in Envapo-Rust and they cleaned up pretty good. you pay shipping and you can have them. I couldn't use the Dorman lock clips as I could not get them to fit over the bolt that why I used some of the old ones.

Last edited:
I put the original part number in ebay and a listing came up for new ones and they listed the head diameter.

If they do not look right I'll use anyway till I find the ones I already have.

Thanks,

Alan

I learned that when I'am looking for something I know I have i can't find it.... but when I stop looking for it I always come across it....

Back