Busy bee Saturday:

bulldogchesty

Reaction score
The wife wanted a new stainless steel stove installed, so I was called upon to do it. The worst part was the electrical. The electricians that installed the wiring used hard pvc and a large metal box. When I tried to slide it in, the steel box would hit on the back of the stove, sombitch. I had to go to Lowes and buy a smaller plug and cut the bottom of the cabinet to slide the plug under the cabinet. It sounds simple, but it took most of the day. The wife likes it so I guess that is the best part. Here are some pics of the old and new range. New stove 005.jpgNew stove 006.jpg

New stove 005.jpg

New stove 006.jpg

NOTHING turns out as simple as it should be!!!
That should have taken 15 minutes.
Slide out old stove. Unplug power cord. Slide stove completely out.
Remove power cord from old stove and connect to new stove.
Slide new stove part way in, plug in power cord, slide stove all the way in.
Have beer. Drag old stove out later.

NOTHING turns out as simple as it should be!!!
That should have taken 15 minutes. Have beer.
Slide out old stove. Unplug power cord. Have beer. Slide stove completely out.
Remove power cord from old stove and connect to new stove. Have beer, maybe two.
Slide new stove part way in, plug in power cord, slide stove all the way in.
Have beer. Drag old stove out when wife complains.

Fixed!

Funny you said that.
I finished up some carpentry work outside and was sweating like a race horse.
Since it was too hot I decided to call it a day earlier than usual.
Went down to the main intersection and bought a giant bag of Cajun boiled peanuts from the roadside truck.
He slow cooks them in these huge kettles filled with a secret recipe brine for days and sells them on the weekend.
Called up my close buddy and we spent the rest of the day out on the patio listening to Blues, drinking ice cold beer, and eating boiled peanuts.
If you have never had southern roadside kettle cooked boiled peanuts, you haven't lived.
Especially when you make a hot Saturday afternoon out of it.

I have had them but wasn't impressed, they might have not been good? The Cajun idea puts a new twist interesting may have to give another try, especially if I find someone offering a twist like that.

I prefered the Palatian liver dumplings today. ;)

rezept-verschiedenes-leberknoedel.jpg

rezept-verschiedenes-leberknoedel.jpg

I can definitely see the resemblance of the flat sides of them stoves and a slab sided C body.

Back