Buyer Beware

I have to agree with Matt and wouldn't purchase anything from this person.

The old adage I give customers is, if I would do it for you, I would do it to you. One commitment for a smaller order shouldn't be put off for a bigger one that just came in

I guess I just don't expect people to be perfect or have turn around times like Rock Auto. I look for the good to outweigh the bad. Given the challenging times in America these days that got Trump elected, unfortunately, people have to do what they have to do to survive and make ends meet. Whenever I order used parts from anyone, I realize I need to be patient, and sometimes with some more than others. If he still answers the phone and wants to make it right, and has a history of eventually coming through, then I can wait. And he has access to parts others do not. And how many of us get the parts we have been screaming for only to let them sit for years before using them?

There are other places like Moore's Auto Salvage where you can't get anyone to call you back and you get nothing, that I will avoid.

Last edited:
Lies, excuses, and BS. Thats all I see.

You know Stan, I find this response from you a little surprising in this case.

I know you still strongly support Mr. Trump, but I could say much the same about him. He promised us a repeal of Obamacare "on day one", I will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it, we will have great healthcare - for everyone, I will cancel NAFTA when I get in office, jobs will return to the U.S. rapidly, and so many more, but I am still waiting. And my hope that he can deliver on even a fraction of those promises is all but gone.

I expect you might say: well its not his fault he can't deliver on his promises because of a recalcitrant congress and even his own party. But I suspect that you still support him because you do believe he means well and surely intends to follow through on his promises and you probably believe there are few other choices that you could support or possess the competencies that you feel we need.

I would offer the same rationale in this case as you might for our president. We have here a bonafide Mopar guy, well connected, who has demonstrated that he can get parts and cars that are hard to come by, and has lot on his plate too and he does come through for people even though it may take longer than he intended. But you might say that he doesn't have a Congress to block his every move. But I could say in this case, Rusty has a family to feed, utility bills to pay, probably a mortgage to pay, car insurance, and maybe even some health care bills to cover given his recent issues (not everyone may have comprehensive health care) a dance studio to keep running that takes a lot of time to deal with on its own, and so on. Most of these things are not elective or well within his control either I am guessing based on the little that I do know about his situation. But I am convinced he means well and intends to deliver on what he said, and is doing so for me as I described. I can easily work with that.

Honestly, I have far more confidence in Rusty than I ever have had for our President to deliver on his promises. Life isn't always as easy as we would like, and patience and understanding go a long way to making this a better country for all of us, in my opinon.

And I really am not trying to start a political discussion here, as I do believe Mr Trump does have some good characteristics that have been lacking in past Presidents and so I am being patient with him too in terms of being able to still make his presidency count in many ways.

These are just some thoughts I have been reflecting on.

Take care.

81TS64HsWGL._SX355_.jpg

I'll say this, all politicians say they will change the fabric of the time/space continuum, only to get elected than do whatever it is they want to once elected, and use every excuse as to why they can't. And then they don't deliver.

As for Rusty, he might deliver. When I spoke to him, he stated he got into cars again, once his kids were done with high school, now that he has more time. Rusty and his wife have done well for themselves, you don't have a house like his, in the location it's in, by being poor. Money isn't the issue, I don't think, but I don't know.

I think anyone who spends the time in locating these cars could have a decent network in a short amount of time.

I hope you get your car and parts, and I hope the other people waiting get theirs. This whole deal could have gone a lot smoother with better communication, and not led to this "what's going on?" thread.

Last edited:
No parts received, or remaining $400. Now he has his sights set on another forum.

I would have posted up if he tried to make it right, sadly nothing.

No parts received, or remaining $400. Now he has his sights set on another forum.

I would have posted up if he tried to make it right, sadly nothing.
There are transaction ratings available... IMO it is a service to others to leave him a negative. I did this once in the past and would do it again if I was the one involved. Also Joey runs the B site too, I bet you'd be fine stepping on him there too. One thing EB does right is feedback, what they do wrong is allow comments to expire. When I debate a purchase, and feedback is available, I just look at the negative and try to filter through the crazies who abuse such measures.

Hi guys it's me ...yes I'm fully aware of the money owed and 100% own up to it ..it's been a hard year but still have full intention to rectify the matter.this is not my car I posted it for a friend and not expecting anything in return. I hope to take care of this past issue soon so we can all move on to better things and I hope this year will be better for me. Thanks and looking forward to having things normal soon!

Back