C bodies in motion thread

Poppy, my '70 Polara 'vert, passed a milestone today: 33,333.3 miles! :steering:

1 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday WAS a good day to take the convertible out...….. glad to see you had nice weather to mark the milestone...…...

I said screw it and went and got the Monaco and brought it home today.

IMG_20200410_195908.jpg

I passed the van ahead of me, only to run out of gas after a mile or so. It was my friend who works at the motor vehicle office, she called me, picked me up and dropped me off at home! Some good natured ribbing was sent my way, and I just laughed at the whole situation. Now I can get the exhaust fixed, and drive the car daily.

I said screw it and went and got the Monaco and brought it home today.

View attachment 367558

I passed the van ahead of me, only to run out of gas after a mile or so. It was my friend who works at the motor vehicle office, she called me, picked me up and dropped me off at home! Some good natured ribbing was sent my way, and I just laughed at the whole situation. Now I can get the exhaust fixed, and drive the car daily.
Uh... you didn’t notice your gas light going off????

Uh... you didn’t notice your gas light going off????
That's the brake light, it came on on the drive to drop it off last year. And the gas gauge is off after a new sending unit was installed by the previous owner.

That's the brake light, it came on on the drive to drop it off last year. And the gas gauge is off after a new sending unit was installed by the previous owner.
LoL!!!! Just funnin’ just funnin’

love the dash layout on those btw. Reminds me of the ol coronet RT we had. Nice.

This 1971 GY9 Tawny Gold (aka Dark Gold) NYer is currently for sale in BC. Seldom do we see recent pics of C-bodies in the snow :wideyed:

00x0x_4a8eaikadh2_1200x900-jpg.jpg

Damn wipers don't work when it's raining. RainX to the rescue.

View attachment 374598

I know the story. Mine gave it up on the way home from the swap meet a couple years ago. I thought it was a shorting issue. They would go then stop. All the wire insulation had fell off. I pulled it apart and put heat shrink on all the wires. Still does the same thing.
I found a mopar wiper motor rebuilding service on ebay and it turns out the guys shop is less than a mile from me. I have stopped a couple times but not caught him.

I know the story. Mine gave it up on the way home from the swap meet a couple years ago. I thought it was a shorting issue. They would go then stop. All the wire insulation had fell off. I pulled it apart and put heat shrink on all the wires. Still does the same thing.
I found a mopar wiper motor rebuilding service on ebay and it turns out the guys shop is less than a mile from me. I have stopped a couple times but not caught him.
I'm so lazy, I keep using RainX. I love the stuff. Although it doesn't last long on this old, pitted windshield, it soaks it up like a sponge.

I'm so lazy, I keep using RainX. I love the stuff. Although it doesn't last long on this old, pitted windshield, it soaks it up like a sponge.

Scott ; you need a person next to you when it rains………..:lol:

I found this weekend, on YouTube, several videos of a 1971 Monaco four-door filmed while in motion. Turns out the car is owned by Norwegian member @AztorTheSailor . Here are the links -- the scenery is just beautiful:

Back