C bodies in motion thread

I'm on my 4 tank of gas so far. Please excuse the dirtyness. I have 3 1/2 mile of gravel road out to hardtop. Combine that with 3 Colorado lows nailing the area recently. Another forcast for tomorrow and Saturday. Car is running fine. Today I was out testing the 275 60 15 tires. No issues. I'll be installing road wheels and 215 70 15 tires on front. I like the magnums but 14 inch tires dont cut it with me.
And maybe a bath. For both of us

20220428_174112.jpg

Those fit like they were meant to be there! I can't wait to fit a pair of 295's on a car.
295's would amp things up quite a bit. You would need the backspaceing dialed in perfectly.
With the scrawny 215 14 inch tires my car looked like it wanted to be put out of its misery. The fat tires upped the cars perceived horsepower by 125%. Plus the increase in diameter slowed the engine down a little. I'm thinking of installing a OD trans to bring it down a bunch more. I'm hoping to eat up some interstate this summer. And I like to keep up to the traffic.

295's would amp things up quite a bit. You would need the backspaceing dialed in perfectly.
In most cases for '66 cars, I don't think they'd fit without some modifications to the car.

The fat tires upped the cars perceived horsepower by 125%. Plus the increase in diameter slowed the engine down a little. I'm thinking of installing a OD trans to bring it down a bunch more. I'm hoping to eat up some interstate this summer. And I like to keep up to the traffic.
I have the 14" version (1" shorter) with 3.55's and I'm turning 2850 rpms at 75mph.

Here is 275's on my 66 300, with 7 inch rims and original wheel covers.
Its kinda hard to get the full effect with this photo, but it gives off a dont **** with me vibe

20211003_111059.jpg

There is room for more than 275 without modifications. Require research, offset and backspaceing and custom wheels and money.
Personally I'm pretty content with the 275

There is room for more than 275 without modifications. Require research, offset and backspaceing and custom wheels and money.
Personally I'm pretty content with the 275
Sounds like modifications would be cheaper. :poke:

Took the 72 Imperial out to Rockford this past weekend for Cars & Coffee with Wyatt.
She handled pretty good out on back country roads and was feeling plenty road worthy when I had her on the tollway driving back at speeds between 70/85mph. Prepping for the trip to Mopar's in the Park next month in Minnesota.
driving on Rt 176.jpg

In Rockford3.jpg

Stopped at home to grab lunch before going back to the shop
Garage parked.jpg

Driving in CL.jpg

Saw @Imps Rule and his GC8 1971 Sport Fury when driving back from a work appointment. What a sight!

2B22601E-88C8-436F-8F00-6CE6D85ACD59.jpeg

PRN321 . On column shift cars. A silver block off on floor shift.
It's a10 dollar tach. Glued in place. My console tach is pooched and this one is filling in

I'm on my 4 tank of gas so far. Please excuse the dirtyness. I have 3 1/2 mile of gravel road out to hardtop. Combine that with 3 Colorado lows nailing the area recently. Another forcast for tomorrow and Saturday. Car is running fine. Today I was out testing the 275 60 15 tires. No issues. I'll be installing road wheels and 215 70 15 tires on front. I like the magnums but 14 inch tires dont cut it with me.
And maybe a bath. For both of us

View attachment 528275
It was nice meeting you in person at the 6th annual FCBO show,and to see such a rare car in the flesh was an honor. J code 440 4 speed Canadian built no less!!

Back