C-bodies... The year 2123.

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Reaction score
100 years ago - 1923 - automobiles were pretty basic and Chrysler was born in 1925.
We've loved our Chryslers and Imperials during our short time here.
Where do you think our cars will be - and with who - in 100 years from now?
Will our hobby and passion continue?
Will our loved, restored / original / daily-drivers survive?
Or in 100 years will they be a memory and just something to see on the internet from their past lives?

@commando1, that;s possible but I'd make a different guess, brother.:)

Look back to 1920 and cars would be flying, ala George Jetson, 50 years ago. Obviously didnt happen. Wont happen 100 years from now - ABSENT some sorta technological breakthrough/natural disaster that send us back to the stone age.

My guess lines up with this Motor Trend article. Even though it was 2016, IT'S even underestimated the EV penetration rate. So, my 100 year predictions:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/totd-what-do-you-think-cars-will-look-like-in-100-years/
The Future Of Tires

. 100 million ICE cars left in the whole world (there are 1.5 billion today by comparison)
. No flying cars
. All self driving, with ability for humans to drive (because ALL 50M miles today WONT be "intelligent" by then)
. No nuclear powered cars, more fuel cell/hydrogen powered vehicles
. Still with 3 or 4 wheels on the ground for passenger vehicles
. however many wheels commercial vehicles need for load capacity, but still on the ground
. tires 100% recyclable, NOT made of natural rubber (think the old lunar rover mesh)
. No ICE's from any OEMs sold new
. Retirement of ICE's, replaced with retrofits EV kits (assuming battery SIZE is reduced by then)
. Severe restrictions/limitations (certain locations, times, allowable usages, etc) on ICE operation
. Gasoline at what would be like $100/gallon today

1696603049591.png

1696625091151.png
1696603078587.png
1696603099205.png
1696603119512.png
1696603140970.png
1696603235086.png
1696603171427.png
1696603186574.png

Last edited:
yeah boss I am with you on that

somebody born 5 minutes from now, let alone anybody alive right this second, 99.3 % will be gone in a century. :(

Regarding flying cars -

I'm not sure why, but there must be some unwritten law somewhere that says that any flying car, taxi, etc, must be electric. Regardless the power-to-weight and range implications, they must be electric. Can't be ICE. Otherwise I'd have to believe that there would be some flying vehicle options "in the air" by now.

A flying EV? Rather an electric airplane? small, slow, limited range?. yeah, I think nearly viable prototypes exist right now.

but, like a 757 sized bird, that can go 5,000 miles, and 500 knots, with 200 people and their luggage? No way that goes electric. that might take 500 years

Technological (plus safety, plus economics, etc) hurdles aside, I do not want to ever see (I wont .. it'll take 500 years to perfect i'd bet) a flying car.

I do recall this one .. when I was new to the car biz (fresh outta grad school) I was on an alternative propulsion team at one of the big three.

1696609083167.png

This fella had done some stuff .. we wanted his engine (ICE Wankel), not his flying car. Neat rig, clearly more plane than car. This was like 1990 (the one above was like 2001) and more like a flying saucer, and then I was in Europe and nowhere near this kinda prototype project by then)

4 minute video below is roughly 2015 .. and this one will never "fly" so to speak. The professor is a smart guy though ... he might be in/near his 90's if he's still living. I would like to see his Wankel running on cow farts :poke:

Last edited:
According to the timeline, George Jetson just turned a year old this past summer.

Of course, I am of the theory that the Jetsons and the Flintstones are on the same timeline, with the Jetsons living in Orbit City high above the Earth while the Flintstones are below, living in Bedrock, basically what is left of civilization after thermonuclear war.

Back