C-body cop cars.

commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I swear I titled it M-body but I'm on my tab and can't correct it.

OK. M-body cop cars...

I'd like to have one. I'd put in a 400+ cu. in. SB stroker an go like hell.

eq2jpv.jpg

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
Everyone likes the 69 Polaras the best it seems, but I am with you Stan. I really love those R body Police units. They were superb automobiles and only needed a bit more oomph. You have good taste!

Um...that's an R body. Great recipe for sleeper for sure though.

An M body would be a Diplomat.

I have owned two cars with the same Police motor etc package. A '79 300 and a "79 Magnum GT. Both had the "Premium 360 Engine". For the size and weight of car they went pretty fast. When in school my friend has a Aspen Super Coupe with the same engine etc. I beat him every time by a half car length or more when we raced.

a couple of mine that have gone on to new homes. white one is '79 R Body Chrysler-brand Newport 360 E58. Black Cherry M Body '89 Dodge Diplomat 318 "ELE". Fun cars.

IMG_2626.jpgIMG_2643.jpgIMG_3172.jpgIMG_3166.jpgIMG_3623.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3623.jpg

The local cops used those.

They weren't real popular on the used car market and they went very cheap.

The Diplomats were another story. There was some demand for used Diplomats.

Very nice cop cars!!!

thanks

The Newport R Body, a Chrysler brand obviously, was 1979 only. The R's finished out in 80-81 with the St Regis and Gran Fury (replaced the Newport in 1980). It was a former state police car with documented service and ownership history. we rebuilt the 360 to generate considerably more oomph..like 2x as much as it had from factory, otherwise car was unmolested except for a base/clear job.

The Dippie was an original 80K mile car except for a base/clear job for it to return it to its orgiinal color (somebody had painted it black since it was retired) with documented duty service and ownership history since retirement as well

Back