C-body hood rollers

Thanks, tall...it's the license plate from the Bluesmobile in the 1980 movie The Blues Brothers.

The name "Ghostsoldier" has been my username ever since I can remember; I adopted it as my "handle" almost 20 years ago (based on the "Ghost Soldiers" of the Philippine POW rescue mission of Cabanatuan, in January 1945), whenever I started doing World War 2 living history reenactments and working for our local Camp Blanding WW2 museum. I'm one of those 'in-betweeners"...too young for 'Nam, and too old for any of the newer conflicts we've had recently, so I do what I can to educate the U.S. public in understanding the reasons why we call the "Greatest Generation" great; and, the costs and sacrifices they paid for all of the freedoms that we enjoy today in America. We also do our part to promote the history and remembrance of the veterans of the Vietnam war, still one of the most misunderstood conflicts of our country's history (by the younger crowd), even today.

Rob

Last edited:
Thanks I recognized the BDR529 and haven't seen anyone else using it so kudos on the idea. Kool story too.

Thanks, tall...it's the license plate from the Bluesmobile in the 1980 movie The Blues Brothers.

The name "Ghostsoldier" has been my username ever since I can remember; I adopted it as my "handle" almost 20 years ago (based on the "Ghost Soldiers" of the Philippine POW rescue mission of Cabanatuan, in January 1945), whenever I started doing World War 2 living history reenactments and working for our local Camp Blanding WW2 museum. I'm one of those 'in-betweeners"...too young for 'Nam, and too old for any of the newer conflicts we've had recently, so I do what I can to educate the U.S. public in understanding the reasons why we call the "Greatest Generation" great; and, the costs and sacrifices they paid for all of the freedoms that we enjoy today in America. We also do our part to promote the history and remembrance of the veterans of the Vietnam war, still one of the most misunderstood conflicts of our country's history (by the younger crowd), even today.

Rob

Thanks for educating the younger generation!!!

smiley-face-soldier[1].gif

smiley-face-soldier[1].gif

Well, somebody has to do it...I swear, in terms of historical knowledge, these modern kids are as dumb as a sack of hammers. :)
Rob

The exceptions are here at FCBO.
Not to worry. He said modern kids.
You and the others here obviously have traditional values.

Well, somebody has to do it...I swear, in terms of historical knowledge, these modern kids are as dumb as a sack of hammers. :)
Rob

You think thats bad? Try talking to teachers about the Civil War, they know only what is in their lesson plans. I did living history at Gettysburg for many years and while very rewarding it was also very sad to see just how little the public knows.

I have no love for the Arab world, dislike Iranians, and detest radical Muslims, but.....
I watched Argo and the roots that led up to the Iranian Hostage uprising, and it was a real eye opener and caused some self reflection.
I know what you mean.

< Sent from my tablet >

Back