C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Which wheels and tires do you like on C-Bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hemmed and hawed (i like SS's better on sporty A, B, E, F/M bodies) but I was cool in the end .. mainly cuz its a coupe and obviously NOT a beater.

BUt, I dont think i'd do this on a STOCK sedan (if it was dialed up somehow powertrain-wise, maybe)

00-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
If they made H70-15 Goodyear Polyglas RWL, that is what I'd be running. :D

Cool!

I think the "Polyglas" tires are bias ply yes?

I have an NOS set of 225/75-15 "Big White Letter" Polysteel Radials (WAY too old to drive on) that I am saving for a "trailer queen" C body - which I dont have anymore :)

I think the "Polyglas" tires are bias ply yes?

That is correct!

People always complain at how bad they are, but while they're obviously not as good as modern tires, they're not that bad to drive. I had a set of red stripe on my old '68 442 after I got done restoring it and I didn't mind driving on them at all. Plus they look really cool.

while I don't like the huge 20'' plus it is nice to be diff. gets old when all cars look the same need some personality

IMG_2257.JPG
I couldn't imagine my car with anything other than factory steel wheels, factory wheel covers and white walls.

I concur, it just looks right. When I was younger, I think I had a hard time looking at these monster cars head on or from behind with factory wheels... something just looked squirrel toothed. I just don't feel that way anymore... looking at my new ride, I just can't improve on what it rolled off the lot with (well, save for quality of rubber).

J/M/R body 10 spokes.

I like 'em .. better on a fusie vs a slabby (blue Fury II is my former car). never saw any on a formal, but I would probably like that.

00-1-2.jpg
00-1-1.jpg
00-2-0.jpg
IMG_6202-1.jpg
IMG_6202-2.jpg
00-2-0.jpg

Last edited:
erich-and-kelly-wedding-207-jpg.109595

I can dig this because I imagine myself going straight from the Chrysler dealer to the local tire shop circa 1965 and telling them to ditch the A-body wheels.

But it is hard to argue with the looks of the red 'vert as well.

Incidentally, here's how they look when you turn a 60 series white letter into a white wall. (Note that I'm wearing safety glasses, so it's all good.)

0904001759.jpg

nice car ... what are you doin? i infer, since the wheel is spinning, exactly what you said. removing white letters -- but i wouldn't think that possible.

could be a subject for another thread? :)

nice car ... what are you doin? i infer, since the wheel is spinning, exactly what you said. removing white letters -- but i wouldn't think that possible.

could be a subject for another thread? :)

This guy does a kinda half-*** job, but he at least has the courtesy to speed up the video.

well, the GTX rims+tires are going on the Newport in the spring...and I am still throwing around the idea of getting a wire/spoke with w/w later on down the line...

Photo0420.jpg
Photo1143.jpg
17wVogues1.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't find any other pics of it sittin still .. but this is cool by me. Looks like Cragar SS 17's maybe and obviously blackwalls?

00-2-0.jpg

I think if I did wires, I'd go with Starwires (a complete wheel), versus any wheel cover wires (even the 80's Mopars).

00-1-1.jpg
00-1-2.jpg

Nice car .. not sure what's up with the wheelcovers (dont recognize them) but i'd rather have done the OEM covers.

Im rockin' the curb-feelers .. that's gonna be one of my "Guilty Pleasures" :D

The red wheel paint is OLD SCHOOL .. my dad did it on our '65 Olds 98. And I helped him (that was good day :))

00-1-1.jpg
00-2-0.jpg

Last edited:
Back