C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Which wheels and tires do you like on C-Bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted "old people underwear"...

I like stock, I have the idea in my head that I am going to be very happy someday to have factory wheel covers to fall back to. I never really "liked" WW, but they do look "correct" on my cars. That said, when I shop for tires, if WW are not reasonably available BW won't hurt my feelings at all. I doubt you will catch me purchasing 2" stripes ever... just too much... well unless they are available for the bus. :realcrazy:

RWL... never been too big a fan, I have had them and may have them again someday... most likely mounted inside though...

I like 15" and strongly dislike smaller... IDK why they did that... lower the car seems funny to me... I suspect final drive ratio's and cost had more to do with it. I don't think I would ever go bigger than 17" even if repop Roadies became available... these cars deserve some sidewall and yes it makes a huge ride difference. 17's are actually big... I wouldn't mind the ability to discretely run 255/55/16... from an LH car... But a proper looking wheel would have to be available. I may go to a 15x7 or 15x8 someday... and run the wheel covers... I dislike that my Roadies are only 6" if I run 235/75/15xl... which is my first choice.

I am probably the weird one here... I want driving function above appearance from my tires. Heat range, wet traction and treadwear ratings are key ingredients for me when shopping. I will eventually have some really nice tread takeoffs because I don't ever want to push tires to a blowout (and potential body damage). They will be mounted and balanced for the best roadforce I can do, not so they look uniform to some freak that wants to see if the lettering is indexed to the valve stem.

Nice car .. not sure what's up with the wheelcovers (dont recognize them) but i'd rather have done the OEM covers.

Im rockin' the curb-feelers .. that's gonna be one of my "Guilty Pleasures" :D

The red wheel paint is OLD SCHOOL .. my dad did it on our '65 Olds 98. And I helped him (that was good day :))

View attachment 109612
Those look mid 60's chevy to me...

tumblr_mlorirGspD1qfd629o1_1280.jpg

Same wheel without the insert?

Last edited:
Nice car .. not sure what's up with the wheelcovers (dont recognize them) but i'd rather have done the OEM covers.

Im rockin' the curb-feelers .. that's gonna be one of my "Guilty Pleasures" :D

The red wheel paint is OLD SCHOOL .. my dad did it on our '65 Olds 98. And I helped him (that was good day :))

View attachment 109612

Probably this; 1959 Imperial...

crown-wheelcover.jpg

However...

barf-1.jpg

At the moment my preference is stock type steel wheels with dog dishes. But non stock wheel and tire size at the rear to fill out the cavernous wheel wells on the rear of my Fury.

Back