C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Which wheels and tires do you like on C-Bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nice car ... what are you doin? i infer, since the wheel is spinning, exactly what you said. removing white letters -- but i wouldn't think that possible.

could be a subject for another thread? :)

Fascinating...If I had faith that I could do it right I'd have home turned BFG TA whitewalls on all my cars. I love the stance those tires have, but my cars all need WWs. I'd be afraid of the tire exploding on me or me have 4 whitewalls of different width!

Last edited:
A video .. only because the audio is important. The narrator got a few details wrong BUT he loves the car it seems.

00-2-2.jpg

Folks .. a serious question?

I have been trying to find ANY donked car (let alone a C-body) I could say .."hmm, that might be ok"

My vote was Choice 4 in the survey. I am a "live and let live" kinda car-person about other peoples' choices .. ain't NO "snob" in me in that regard.

00-1-2.jpg

So, I am NOT dissin' donk owners/lovers personally .. I am trying to see the appeal in doing it.

Could be my Boomer demographic .. but I have seen graybeards like me of all types sportin' 'em -- but honestly mostly the 18-35 crowd.

So, maybe its a youth thing -- like wearin' your pants down around your ***, and other youthful style trends a fogie like me doesnt get. :)

Anyway I just cannot find ONE example .. and I have looked at hundreds of pics trying to research this thread .. where I'd say "thats cool".

Can anyone post a donk example they think is at least "Ok" in their view? I would offer one up, take the hits here, but I have given up on looking.

I just cant go there with any vehicle.

Last edited:
agree. Marpar went with RWL .. thats the difference-maker with me. :)
It's true, the white wall contains the design of that rim too much... makes it feel too crowded. Too I think the lines on Marpar's ride lend better to a more complex looking rim.

Folks .. a serious question?

I have been trying to find ANY donked car (let alone a C-body) I could say .."hmm, that might be ok"

My vote was Choice 4 in the survey. I am a "live and let live" kinda car-person about other peoples' choices .. ain't NO "snob" in me in that regard.

View attachment 109791

So, I am NOT dissin' donk owners/lovers personally .. I am trying to see the appeal in doing it.

Could be my Boomer demographic .. but I have seen graybeards like me of all types sportin' 'em -- but honestly mostly the 18-35 crowd.

So, maybe its a youth thing -- like wearin' your pants down around your ***, and other youthful style trends a fogie like me doesnt get. :)

Anyway I just cannot fine ONE example .. and I have looked at hundreds of pics trying to research this thread .. where I'd say "thats cool".

Can anyone post a donk example they think is at least "Ok" in their view? I would offer one up, take the hits here, but I have given up on looking.

I just cant go there with any vehicle.
Again, to each his own... and really, it's just big wheels... nothing that can't be reversed (tho it hints that something else is totally screwed up with the car). Just don't ask me to pay more when you dump yer donk cuz those sneakers will be the first thing to go.

Not a C body .. one of our great grandkids tho :). Nice car .. to me (but thats a Magnum not a 300 right?)

Gave me a design idea -- those are 5x114.mm bolt spacing wheels yes? guy is trying to sell me a set.

Are these real whiteletter tires, OR painted on? Anybody know where factory-built low profile whiteletter tire can be had?

00-1-2.jpg
00-2-1.jpg
00-2-2.jpg

Last edited:
An example on the "dink" (sorry) "donk" thing:
00Z0Z_kgGPR8HSIhL_1200x900.jpg

A solid car taken at face value... just silly wheels... albeit expensive silly wheels.
00k0k_gNOpN5BYXJA_1200x900.jpg

Guess there's no reason to clean up the engine bay, the hood is usually closed... theoretically.

00p0p_8FOv8ppAOad_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_fYFzqVxdEkf_1200x900.jpg

00909_57hD3RzbonR_1200x900.jpg

Your car is a rats nest. You started out with what was likely a solid ride.. prolly high mileage and needing some love, but there. Instead of doing that work, you spent, what? 5-6 grand on those rediculous wheels, had yer mom make seat covers out of your old sweat pants, vomited a headliner in, rattle canned the dash black and set out asking 12 k ( now down to 8k as reality sets in ... slowly)

I've no problem with what people do with their cars as long as it really floats their boat.. it's hack shits I don't like. And *regularly* those hack ****'s cars look a lot like what people are referring to as "donks"

Your car is a rats nest. You started out with what was likely a solid ride.. prolly high mileage and needing some love, but there. Instead of doing that work, you spent, what? 5-6 grand on those rediculous wheels, had yer mom make seat covers out of your old sweat pants, vomited a headliner in, rattle canned the dash black and set out asking 12 k ( now down to 8k as reality sets in ... slowly)

:rofl:

Not a C .. one of our great great grandkids tho :). Nice car .. to me (but thats a Magnum not a 300 right?)

Gave me a design-idea -- those are 5x114.mm bolt spacing wheels yes?

Are these real whiteletter tires, OR painted on? Anybody know where factory-built low profile whiteletter tire can be had?

View attachment 109796 View attachment 109797View attachment 109799

Ive seen in Hot Rod Mag that you can get custom lettered tires in one of the adverts.

btw, it appears that Magnum is a right hand-drive. it may be badged as a 300 as I do not think they sold Magnums outside the US. dont quote me on it, but I vaguely remember hearing it somewheres.

Ive seen in Hot Rod Mag that you can get custom lettered tires in one of the adverts.

btw, it appears that Magnum is a right hand-drive. it may be badged as a 300 as I do not think they sold Magnums outside the US. dont quote me on it, but I vaguely remember hearing it somewheres.

You are correct. Outside of the US they were Chrysler 300 front clip, badging + interior. It's a bolt-on. Plenty of people have done it in the USA, even some limo-wagon conversions.

Back