C-Body Wheel and Tire Survey

Which wheels and tires do you like on C-Bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
00-1-2.jpg

Minus the wheels and tires, I'm good.

Technically speaking, is this car "donked" btw -- or just big wheels/tires that can be swapped out with no issues with the car itself (e.g. suspension, brakes, etc.)?

00-2-1.jpg

I haven't quite warmed up to road wheels on OTHER than fusies/formals.

THis car looks cherry no doubt and the wheels are NOT "bad" -- but i am coming to feel i might be a "road wheel" snob - a bias against them where they were NOT a factory offering for THAT car/year :)

I DO like road wheels with ANY kinda tire that fits 'em tho'

00-2-2.jpg

My earlier response were concerning a vehicle i own. The "wrong year" wheels or RWLs on a "C" etc. don't bother me at all. There is a point where some wheels just look hideous though. imo. I usually just pass right by them at a show.

Always really dug these Monaco/Polara wheel covers.

69dod_mon_ad02b.jpg

me too.

Hey lets toss more examples on where you think the Factory Standard and/or Optional wheel/tire combo is your favorite on C bodies (including wheel covers and hubcaps of course).

For example, I dig steel road wheels and OEM whitewalls (e.g. 3/4" single stripe, double-thin stripes, etc.,) on all Fusies and Formals.

Always really dug these Monaco/Polara wheel covers.

69dod_mon_ad02b.jpg
Me too... I once had a 79 St Regis that had been in trouble with the law via the previous owner... it had numerous repaints and the paint was checked as bad as I have seen without it just falling off. A gallon of battleship gray floor paint and a set of these covers changed the whole appearance of that car. Ten minutes with a hammer to put the 1/4's back to close and she was an excellent 20 footer.

Back