For Sale C of dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was bidding on a few cars . Eventually a guy came over and we chatted. Said he lived near by and was my bidding rival and was keen to have the cars. I told him I'd save him some money and stop bidding as he was willing to go a lot higher than I. Guessing his son/friend put the deposit down as he bought 4 cars. Seller offered him storage throughout June as seller was busy with farming.

Any news on the rest of the Formals? The 74 Imperial in particular?

Excellent reporting guys, I feel like I was there.

And you'll have to convert all the kilograms into mileage.
Canada didn't go metric until after the fuselages were put out to pasture. Although, the Trudeau I era was in full swing, by then, and the creeping Communism had begun in earnest.

Canada didn't go metric until after the fuselages were put out to pasture. Although, the Trudeau I era was in full swing, by then, and the creeping Communism had begun in earnest.
Poor Canadians, Americans, Germans...I see a pattern in the West, with all those red flags waving :elmer:

Any news on the rest of the Formals? The 74 Imperial in particular?
The 74 went for 3k. The buyer was going to outbid me regardless as he was willing to pay more than I so he got a good car and nobody was interested in it for final bids.The owner only drove the car 50 clicks comparing the odometer to sales agreement in the dash then it went in the barn for all those years. Buyer bought 4 cars in total.

I spent the most time looking at the '61 Saratoga as it had a $3000 start price and was not getting bid very high at first. It was a really nice sheetmetal car and very original throughout. Anyway it did gather attention and got bid to $11k as the silent bid ended. When he asked if anyone wanted to pay more for it...it sold for $14,600. View attachment 123311View attachment 123312View attachment 123313View attachment 123314
It had 4 Wide Whitewalls on rims in the trunk

It had 4 Wide Whitewalls on rims in the trunk
IMG_20170429_103923.jpg

I was bidding on a few cars . Eventually a guy came over and we chatted. Said he lived near by and was my bidding rival and was keen to have the cars. I told him I'd save him some money and stop bidding as he was willing to go a lot higher than I. Guessing his son/friend put the deposit down as he bought 4 cars. Seller offered him storage throughout June as seller was busy with farming.
Good on you for not bidding just to force the other bloke to pay more, but it gives me the shits when cashed up people buy up all they can, simply because they can, and others walk away empty handed. I bid on an item at a house auction once and would've been happy with just that one item, but then this bloke not only outbid me, but bought all four (church pews)!, selfishness is not a good thing.

r t
Good on you for not bidding just to force the other bloke to pay more, but it gives me the shits when cashed up people buy up all they can, simply because they can, and others walk away empty handed. I bid on an item at a house auction once and would've been happy with just that one item, but then this bloke not only outbid me, but bought all four (church pews)!, selfishness is not a good thing.
I had a guy run me up on a particular car I liked for 25 yrs. After the auction he came up and said " you weren't gonna give up" . I still saved about 15k at the time but that guy wasn't even interested in the car, just liked spending other peoples money. Still have the car today

I was high bid on the 78 but didn't accept my offer. Might've sold since. Looked like the odometer rolled over. Would've been nice if he had the used car packages for those of us who are interested in previous owners/ recorded mileage etc. He'll have to get them as a pivate seller.

Seller text me white 78 is sold

what did the blue sat 4 door go for?
that woulda made an Excellent cop car clone...

also,Thanks to all you guys who went and posted pics and info.
you guys Rock!

$1500 on the 1969 Satellite...it was pretty rough. Looks way better in the pics. The nice thing about that car was that it would have had lots of date correct goodies for an A12 and it was nice that it was a Lynch Rd car. I was thinking it would have been a great $500 car to have.

Dave
IMG_20170429_112843.jpg
IMG_20170429_112926.jpg
IMG_20170429_113008.jpg
IMG_20170429_113020.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back