C2C Floor pan

Looks like you won't need this:
upload_2020-4-4_16-1-32.png

Seems like it's already been done......... :lol:

Cut out a lot. Didn’t damage speedo cable or anything else. Rust on the stub frame is in the area. Wonder if the car sat with flat tires for a while. Passenger side doesn’t have this problem.

A719F693-6A69-4ADA-8E52-C376886E271F.jpeg

Cut out a lot. Didn’t damage speedo cable or anything else. Rust on the stub frame is in the area. Wonder if the car sat with flat tires for a while. Passenger side doesn’t have this problem.

View attachment 366033
What usually causes the drivers side to rot out before the passenger side is the fact that decades of people climbing in the drivers seat with wet shoes and it saturating the carpet and soaking into the insulation, creating a layer of moisture between the floor pan and underlay. From the factory there was minimal coating on the floors

What usually causes the drivers side to rot out before the passenger side is the fact that decades of people climbing in the drivers seat with wet shoes and it saturating the carpet and soaking into the insulation, creating a layer of moisture between the floor pan and underlay. From the factory there was minimal coating on the floors
Makes perfect sense but it hadn’t occurred to me. D’oh!

Every C body I've had has rotten drivers floors, even my nearly rust free 70 has some minor pin holes on the drivers pan!
I got the pan in. I painted it with truck bed liner. I hope that keeps rust out. Used some silicone on the edges. After work today, going pull seats and finish removing the carpet. I ordered new carpet and a gas pedal yesterday. I don’t understand why a gas pedal is $100. The passenger side pan looks good. Passenger rear has a small hole.

064E862B-BBB4-40EC-AEF8-411433033E0D.jpeg

Back