Can someone tell me if I did this right?

Isaiah Estrada

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Got all my bearings packed proper, and calipers rebuilt! The anti rattle clip was a little difficult to get on. Wondering if I put it on right?

5445C788-6463-4BE4-AF20-A7A1BDC7B140.jpeg

It looks correctly installed to me. However, I generally use the 1969 through 1972 disc brake set up without any anti-Rattle clips. I've never had any problems.

It looks correctly installed to me. However, I generally use the 1969 through 1972 disc brake set up without any anti-Rattle clips. I've never had any problems.
If the bleeder screw on top you go it spot on

View attachment 525800

Thank you fellas! I don’t know why, but those dang anti-rattle clips were a LOT more work getting on right than they should’ve!

Do you also use the pin positioner clips? I’ve heard some say they don’t really do anything.

Thank you fellas! I don’t know why, but those dang anti-rattle clips were a LOT more work getting on right than they should’ve!

Do you also use the pin positioner clips? I’ve heard some say they don’t really do anything.
I do use pin positioner clips. I guessed they give added rigidity to the pin.

Can you see the difference in the caliper you have and the caliper shown in @david hill's photo? His seems to have a little relieve cut in it to allow the anti-rattle wires to seat closer to the caliper, and therefore get further on the body of the caliper.

Can you see the difference in the caliper you have and the caliper shown in @david hill's photo? His seems to have a little relieve cut in it to allow the anti-rattle wires to seat closer to the caliper, and therefore get further on the body of the caliper.
I can't really tell, perhaps it's right on the edge. The rusty caliper shows detail better than the black one. Isaiah's clip does see to be sitting a little high though, notice the difference between the pin to wire spacing. The trick is to install one pin, then hook wire in, put in location for the other pin then install the other pin. It usually needs to be persuaded downwards to it's proper position after that.

Are those modified? I've never seen C body calipers with that wide of an arch, where you can see the top of the pad. Should improve cooling.
They do look like the wide mouth ones found on some early E bodies.

Those calipers pictures are in fact the original style OE calipers used on c bodies in 1970. The relief cut that you're seen in the photos in is the retainer silencer has worn into the caliper housing. This style caliper housing was used from 1970 till the end of the fuselage model run in 73. If you look at the thread on ayliar's 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible there are photos that show the difference between an e-body casting and a c body caliper the internal parts are quite interchangeable as far as seals boots and caliper Pistons. Check out the following link Introducing a 1970 TNT convertible.

Last edited:
Those calipers pictures are in fact the original style OE calipers used on c bodies in 1970. The relief cut that you're seen in the photos in is the retainer silencer has worn into the caliper housing. This style caliper housing was used from 1970 till the end of the fuselage model run in 73. If you look at the thread on ayliar's 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible there are photos that show the difference between an e-body casting and a c body caliper the internal parts are quite interchangeable as far as seals boots and caliper Pistons. Check out the following link Introducing a 1970 TNT convertible.
Here are the pics to go w/ pic in post #3 & post 10

DSC04266.JPG

DSC04273.JPG

DSC04277.JPG

Back