Can you identify it?

Polara_500

Legendary Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket or OEM from some manufacturer?
upload_2020-3-20_20-46-30.png

upload_2020-3-20_20-46-56.png

upload_2020-3-20_20-47-26.png

upload_2020-3-20_20-47-55.png

Except I'd think a Packard might have a little more secure mount than this does - it's like a # 8 or possibly # 10 screw.

it's a little odd in that most leaned forward or back at an extreme angle, not standing nearly straight up.

it's a little odd in that most leaned forward or back at an extreme angle, not standing nearly straight up.
Yeah, I'm imagining it being cast for a forward slanted hood line that would put her at about a 45 deg angle, I just don't have any good background on that age vehicles.

Yeah, I'm imagining it being cast for a forward slanted hood line that would put her at about a 45 deg angle, I just don't have any good background on that age vehicles.

Mid 30's hoods were mostly flat and hinged in the middle and the sides would be lifted and folded to access the engine. The ornament would usually be mounted on the radiator cap or the chrome frame around the radiator.

Dave

Mid 30's hoods were mostly flat and hinged in the middle and the sides would be lifted and folded to access the engine. The ornament would usually be mounted on the radiator cap or the chrome frame around the radiator.

Dave
Kinda one of the reasons it's interesting to me, looks like she is diving forward or leaning into the wind and that doesn't mesh with what I remember of those cars.

don't know why i didn't think of that. i have a bull dog from an ash tray like this:
th?id=OIP.jpg

Back