Can't Find the Recent Post Regarding this Car - Anybody Recall Which One it Was?

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
image-jpeg-jpg.jpg

It was regarding the sale of a 1971 blue 2 door Imperial that had been ghettoized with big spoked wheels and most of the trim was taken off of it......................

It wasn't more than a couple days ago I believe.....................

Thanks!

Last edited:
It was mentioned by Ayilar in the last post of the thread of '72-'73 Imperial for sale tracker.

It was mentioned by Ayilar in the last post of the thread of '72-'73 Imperial for sale tracker.
Thank you for the credit! The info I posted here about YM23T1C189583 ends in 2017, but apparently she is for sale again. So, what @saforwardlook and I are interested in is that new thread, showing the Imp as it is now. He saw it 2-3 days ago but I missed it.

I looked again last night Ayilar, and I can only conclude the listing was taken down at this point for some reason.........................:confused:

Thanks John, but that is not what we were looking for, rather we were looking for a recent post (within the last week) wherein that car sold by the dealer in Milbank has since been transformed into a ghettomobile with very large spiral spoke rims, the trim removed and the car repainted as I recall and was again for sale this week, at least briefly shown on this site.

Thanks John, but that is not what we were looking for, rather we were looking for a recent post (within the last week) wherein that car sold by the dealer in Milbank has since been transformed into a ghettomobile with very large spiral spoke rims, the trim removed and the car repainted as I recall and was again for sale this week, at least briefly shown on this site.
Isn't this the same interior as the pic you posted?

Just missing the extra junk on the glove box and the "console".

7648383-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpg

Isn't this the same interior as the pic you posted? Just missing the extra junk on the glove box and the "console".

We are trying to track down the car and its current whereabouts.

The last picture you posted, unless I am mistaken, was taken for the 2017 Gesswein sales ad. From this past week's thread that may have disappeared, @saforwardlook thinks that the interior has not changed much since 2016/2017 (the SD dealer by 2017 had cleaned up the interior from the 2016 Fontana, WI seller), but the exterior is apparently not original anymore.

We are trying to track down the car and its current whereabouts.

The last picture you posted, unless I am mistaken, was taken for the 2017 Gesswein sales ad. From this past week's thread that may have disappeared, @saforwardlook thinks that the interior has not changed much since 2016/2017 (the SD dealer by 2017 had cleaned up the interior from the 2016 Fontana, WI seller), but the exterior is apparently not original anymore.
OK, it makes sense now. Same car, just looking for the updated version.

OK, it makes sense now. Same car, just looking for the updated version.

Right on. I am usually reasonably good with searching the site, but in this case I can't find it. So it may be that the thread has been pulled. I just don't know. Usually @T-revorNobody would be the person who'd see something before it disappears and whom I'd ask first, but this week he had a big project to deal with and he was mostly off-line.

I found a high-resolution photo of YM23T1C189583 on Flickr, taken in September 2016:

Here are for records (taken from the archive posted by @Big_John ) the pictures posted when the car was resold by Gesswein Motors in SD:

7648381-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648380-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648382-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648392-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648393-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648394-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648385-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648384-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648386-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

7648389-1971-chrysler-imperial-two-door-hardtop-std.jpeg

As discussed earlier, this 2dr 1971 Imperial sold in Fontana, WI in 2016 (owner at the time was said to have had the car for 36 years):

before being flipped in May 2017 by Gesswein motors:

The current whereabouts are still unknown.

Last edited:
Back