Car about to be painted

Thanks. I just kept saying " Well, we went this far, lets do it right". Now I don't have any more funds to make it right, trying to find ways.

If the car is apart I say get aftrr it if you have any personal time. Anybody can paint a door jamb. Especially if the interior is out. Get a purple gun from china freight and spend 1 day on it. 6 or 7 hours prepping taping and an hour or so spraying paint..
Come back in a couple days and put any pieces back on. Then its ready to go to the paint shop.

That will save you $1000. If that is worth your time.

If the jambs have contrasting color, it jumps out every time you open the door. If is the same color you never see them.

I painted a car that I didnt originally plan on painting last summer so I really didnt want to do the jambs. Just because I didn't have a lot of personal time. I bit the bullet as nd went out the day before and shot them in a few hours and it totally makes the car. It is not obvious that it was done by an amateur when the door is opened.

If the car is apart I say get aftrr it if you have any personal time. Anybody can paint a door jamb. Especially if the interior is out. Get a purple gun from china freight and spend 1 day on it. 6 or 7 hours prepping taping and an hour or so spraying paint..
Come back in a couple days and put any pieces back on. Then its ready to go to the paint shop.

If the jambs have contrasting color, it jumps out every time you open the door. If is the same color you never see them.

I painted a car that I didnt originally plan on painting last summer so I really didnt want to do the jambs. Just because I didn't have a lot of personal time. I bit the bullet as nd went out the day before and shot them in a few hours and it totally makes the car. It is not obvious that it was done by an amateur when the door is opened.
I pulled and hung the fenders and doors myself at my painter's shop.
Indeed it did save me money and painter's time.
Once all the panels were properly aligned I drilled pilot holes for the final assembly after the car was painted.
Was hoping to keep costs down by using single stage in the jams but was cheaper to go with the base/clear that was used on the car.

We painted my youngest son's truck when he was out of town to surprise him. Harbor Freight purple gun with Rustoleum thinned with acetone.

UBplnFy.jpg

ov05mB9.jpg

Truck got destroyed a month later when a woman ran a 4 way stop.

what's personal time? lol Redoing our bathroom has me busy, then its back to finishing off the kitchen molding and painting the dinning room as well as base molding. I guess I will leave the paint to the professional and I will put back together the interior as well as the bumpers, door handles, ect. I appreciated all the advice that has been given. will provide more pics once I have them.

Back