Car Condos

amazinblue82

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
First -- I do not know the principals, do not own a unit, and will not invest in (I'd have to give up my Scenicruiser Project) what you are about to see. so i ain't pitchin' it or dissin' it.:D

Just ran across this in my local newspaper. Car Condos...yes, a "house for your car". Clearly not for the "light of wallet" ... not a lot of people have BOTH the cars and the lettuce for this kinda thing.

Basically this is it, excerpt from Detroit Free Press:

$250,000 fancy garages filling up fast in Pontiac

"The concept behind M1 Concourse is to create a place where deep-pocketed car buffs can store, show off and test-drive high-end vehicles and socialize with those who share their passion. There are multiple car condo communities across the country, although few of them feature their own performance track and even fewer are situated in urban areas like Pontiac. (Most are found well outside city limits.)

The car condos at M1 are climate-controlled garages that can store five or more vehicles, depending on condo size and whether a lift was installed. They are usually outfitted with comforts such as big-screen TVs, pool tables, plush furniture and even golf simulators. The only restriction is that buyers can't actually live in their condo because of zoning rules, but they can sleep over on occasion. Of the 120 car condo buyers so far, three have been women.

"Ninety-five percent (of buyers) are making these man caves, offices or corporate hospitality suites," Oleshansky said. "We are looking at a lot of auto suppliers who are treating this like a suite at the Palace, except for here they can actually put their product in it and it's on a test track."

Welcome to M1 Concourse - The Ultimate Car Enthusiast Destination

car condo 2.jpg

Short Video: http://www.m1concourse.com/video/M1ConcourseSizzle.mp4
As as businessperson, I am sorry I didn't think of it. As a car enthusiast, while I am not a buyer of a Car Condo, I would like to know someone who owns one - the fun that could be had at such a place.

On balance, I am more on the "pro" side than the "nay" side regarding this thing. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
I've known about it for a couple of years now and I'm glad to see the project moving forward with such gusto at this point. It's an amazing thing for the city of Pontiac and quite frankly a feather in the cap, albeit a small one, for the Detroit metro area.
I hope to know someone that can get me in at least occasionally.

That's a great idea! And in a car-centric area such as Detroit, anything good like this can only help the local economy. I like the idea of a track, too! That design is very well thought-out, as there is no necessity for vehicle traffic to cross over or under the track itself.

Hmmmmm...!!!?

guess i gotta lay off the cough syrup Matt.. i been sleepin' at the mouse again.
first i heard of it was today. :)

You're right - Pontiac could sure use a boost, and yes let's see if we can find someone who will get us in...lobby your person(s) and i will do same for mine to get a couple invites.

We have something like that west of Minneapolis-St. Paul tucked away all secret like, of course without a track. They even had a car show in it soon after it opened. If I could afford that, I'd have my cars done! I love the concept although it's a little too high brow for me. I also like walking out to the garage to see my cars. I don't like even having my truck 10 miles away from home.

I like it way better down here with the real folk.

Seriously, you think this guy is reality based?m He wouldn't have a clue on how to feel your pain.
Classic lab coat? PHHHTTT... Have an Italian custom tailer make one with the belt to match the color of the car.

10620-strait-ln-1024x768.jpeg

Last edited:

Seriously, you think this guy is reality based?m He wouldn't have a clue on how to feel your pain.
Classic lab coat? PHHHTTT... Have an Italian custom tailer make one with the belt to match the color of the car.

i gotcha man. :)

we all probably know of, or know personally, people with obscenely more money than they need.

limiting my view to "car" people that I know: some are real horse's arses...folks NOBODY but other horse's arses (and arse smoochers) would want to be around. PLUS they don't know a THING about the cars they own, couldn't put air in a tire, don't even know what 'psi" means, etc.

others...when I got past the fact that they have "mad lettuce" i found they were really OK people. generous with their toys, don't make you feel "less" because you are not as well-heeled, etc... just good people. AND they can toss around a wrench a little bit too, know the hobby well, great stories, etc..

most I know are in the second category...so here's hoping one of them gets me into the M1 Concourse.

That is very cool!

OK. That's enough.....

Móre than enough..:stop: People with too much money and most of them don't know how to replace a sparkplug....Maybe I'm jealous, but to me is working on a car with a lot of grease on your hands more fun than sitting on a leather sofa looking at all the cars you have...

Had this idea a zillion years ago. Called, Hanging out at Mac's Auto Repair Garage. Nice people and it was free.

I like the idea and wish it was mine but if I had the kind of cash it takes to buy a car condo I would just put up a large shop at home and it would be open to any of you guys when ever you wanted to stop in.

Back